Miami 2014 quarters: Sharapova vs. Kvitova

1/4 final match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Petra beat herself as usual. She does not have the mental toughness to win consistently. Pova hammered her into submission. This match shows outcomes have little to do with talent. A local male coach played a set against Pova as a warm-up at Stanford. He says she is the meanest person he ever met on a tennis court. That is the kind of intensity it takes to win big events.

I am surprised Serena fans want to see a Serena vs Pova match. The entire tennis world expects Serena to win. Pova has no pressure. I rather they never play each other. What a commotion the media would make if Pova actually won. She already gets more attention than her skills warrant.

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Kiu said:
The Media knows sooner or later she will do it too. We all know nothing is forever. Isn't it?

That is right, Kui. Yet Serena fans assume she will win, not considering that an injury could tip the match in Pova's favor.

I turned off the tv as soon as Petra lost her lead in the first set. I knew what was going to happen. Pova's determination is palpable. That is the one thing about her that is truly remarkable.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
10sfan said:
Kiu said:
The Media knows sooner or later she will do it too. We all know nothing is forever. Isn't it?

That is right, Kui. Yet Serena fans assume she will win, not considering that an injury could tip the match in Pova's favor.

I turned off the tv as soon as Petra lost her lead in the first set. I knew what was going to happen. Pova's determination is palpable. That is the one thing about her that is truly remarkable.

I agree with your last statement. However, one cannot succeed just by determination.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I always take one match at a time with Serena even her matches with Maria. I know anything can happen regardless of whether or not Serena is the better of the two.

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctt8A3Sbwzo[/video]

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well at least Petra is consistant being inconsistant.
Petra is her own worst enemy.

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H8kdH_wxHc[/video]