2014 Miami Final: Nadal vs. Djokovic

Who wins?

• Total voters

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
After the two walkovers, I do not even know what will happen on this match. I think this match will go into three sets. I guess whomever is less rusty will be the winner. By the way, this is their 40th meeting which is pretty remarkable and also this will be their 17th meeting since 2011.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am sticking with my man to finally win in Miami

Rafa in 3 sets.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Boy I feel bad for the ticket holders...what happens to all the semi tickets???

Anyways, Nadal of the first 3 rounds wins this one. Nadal against Milos, not so much. I don't know who shows up, but I am sure he will be both fresh and hungry.

I will go with Rafa in 3.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Novak can start a bit slowly, which is the only place the 3 days off could hurt him. Rafa usually comes out full-force. I'm thinking Rafa takes the first, then Novak wakes up and takes the 2nd. If it goes 3, it's anyone's guess, so I went Nadal in 3, natch. If Novak takes the first, however, Rafa could be more tentative and nervous, as he was against Raonic, as Murat says, above. If this is a two-setter, I would say Nole wins it.

Andrew William

Masters Champion
Reactions
tented said:
Who withdraws ... I mean, wins?

Nice touch my brother! :D

This one could go either way really. I'm going to say Nadal wins in three just because.

TsarMatt

Major Winner
Reactions
Can't wait for this one. I can see Nadal winning it in three.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
AndrewWilliam said:
tented said:

This one could go either way really. I'm going to say Nadal wins in three just because.

Sexy avatar there ;)

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I think Nadal will win in 3 too. I've seen Djokovic play after a few too many days off before and he was pretty sloppy. Hope he comes out playing well though.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
I think Nadal will win in 3 too. I've seen Djokovic play after a few too many days off before and he was pretty sloppy. Hope he comes out playing well though.

Your lips to Gods Ear, brother. It's Novak's surface....

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran said:
Front242 said:

True enough. Last time they met here was in 2011, when Djokovic was soaring. I think the dynamics are different this year. That's why I say 3. But from there, who knows.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
AndrewWilliam said:
Front242 said:
AndrewWilliam said:
tented said:

Sexy avatar there ;)

Thanks! Just wish she could have won last night. :s

Yeah me too but Li v Serena should be a good one hopefully and Cibulkova's had a great week reaching world number 10. Hope she keeps it up.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Kieran said:
Front242 said:

True enough. Last time they met here was in 2011, when Djokovic was soaring. I think the dynamics are different this year. That's why I say 3. But from there, who knows.

I think: if Rafa plays his greatest, the surface is irrelevant. He wins...

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Ah, so the old debate of whose greatest is greater. Gentlemen, I think war's just been declared :D

Memorable scene from Heartbreak Ridge (1986)

Jail Binger: I don't like soldier boys.

Highway: Say what?

Jail Binger: If you wanna pop that puppy's can you don't have to grease him so hard, jarhead.

Highway: Well, it sounds like you're a man of experience.

Jail Binger: What the f**ks that mean, grunge sh1t.

Highway: It means: Be advised. I'm mean, nasty and tired. I eat concertina wire and piss napalm and I can put a round in a flea's ass at 200 meters. So why don't you go hump somebody else's leg, mutt face, before I push yours in.

Jail Binger: Ain't gonna be so smart with your balls stuffed in your mouth, jarhead!

Highway: [hands cigar to the young man] Hang on to this, boy. I think war's just been declared.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8i2P2VzoPL0[/video]

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal in 3 sets. 7-6, 6-4, 7-5. It will be a close match, with many break points saved.