Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370

R

Rose

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26503141

This just gives me cold chills. And I feel so sorry for the friends and families of the people on board the flight.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah, and it's still a mystery as to where they are...

R

Rose

Kieran said:
It seems to be a search and recovery mission instead of a search and rescue mission. So I don't think anyone is expected to be found alive. Could the plane have landed anywhere that no one could pick up on?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Rose said:
Kieran said:
It seems to be a search and recovery mission instead of a search and rescue mission. So I don't think anyone is expected to be found alive. Could the plane have landed anywhere that no one could pick up on?

I don't know. It seems like one of those mysteries that'll take months to solve. I mean, the two passengers with alien EU passports, were they involved? Usually a hijacker wants attention for their cause, don't they? They get the pilot to radio their intentions, so the world knows what's happening, and why.

I'm sure that some of the families are holding out hope that there's a place they could have landed but it seems unlikely and what you said is correct: search and recovery is what they're doing now...

R

Rose

The total of passport problems are up to 4 now, if what I have been reading is correct. And you are right hijackers/terrorists normally want people to know what they have done. And no one has said anything at this time. Maybe it was a mechanical problem/pilot error, but one thing is for sure it will take a long time to figure it out unless some group does come forward and say they are responsible.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
so..3 days on and still no plane. what a nightmare, hope it's located soon.

it might have had a controlled flight into the ocean like airfrance rio-paris crash, june 2009, similar vanishing act at night time in a radar blind spot over the sea..5 days before any wreakage and some bodies were found floating.

that was caused by a collective brain freeze of 3 pilots being confused by faulty instruments in the glass cockpit, and pilot error, plus being in thunderstorms at night adding to confusion.

with this new mystery a lack of wreakage found suggests it hit the sea intact unaware or unable to reverse the stall. a bomb going off at FL350 would have ripped the plane into bits and scattered debris over a very wide area (like Lockerbie)..does not rule out terrorists gaining control of plane and forcing it down..but i'm going with a controlled flight into the sea like 2009^^.

(controlled flight meaning it ditched into the sea the right way up without breaking up, being inverted, or diving nose first)

R

Rose

JesuslookslikeBorg. said:
so..3 days on and still no plane. what a nightmare, hope it's located soon.

it might have had a controlled flight into the ocean like airfrance rio-paris crash, june 2009, similar vanishing act at night time in a radar blind spot over the sea..5 days before any wreakage and some bodies were found floating.

that was caused by a collective brain freeze of 3 pilots being confused by faulty instruments in the glass cockpit, and pilot error, plus being in thunderstorms at night adding to confusion.

with this new mystery a lack of wreakage found suggests it hit the sea intact unaware or unable to reverse the stall. a bomb going off at FL350 would have ripped the plane into bits and scattered debris over a very wide area (like Lockerbie)..does not rule out terrorists gaining control of plane and forcing it down..but i'm going with a controlled flight into the sea like 2009^^.

(controlled flight meaning it ditched into the sea the right way up without breaking up, being inverted, or diving nose first)
This is a good post with a lot of good points in it. If it had been about another subject, I would have marked it "liked". But that somehow felt kind of like a tacky thing to do considering the subject matter.

special700

Masters Champion
Reactions
Isn't this scary

How can a plane disappear from the air like that without a trace. Feel like i'm watching an episode of The Twlight Zone. Can't believe it's not being discussed on the board. Aren't you guys curious?

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
special700 said:
How can a plane disappear from the air like that without a trace. Feel like i'm watching an episode of The Twlight Zone. Can't believe it's not being discussed on the board. Aren't you guys curious?

Agreed special... This is really weird.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Makes you wonder if a Psycho like Dr. Evil really exist or it just another Us or foriegn govenment cover up. If the Iranians have something to do with it , it really smells for a terriorist attack. Very sad for all those people aboud that plane and their loved one. Just no closure which isnt fair

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
there was an idea that maybe the plane tried to return to Singapore or at least had changed direction, maybe it went down in some tropical swamp..i mean, after 3 days the plane is clearly not where it should be given its last point of reference, so maybe plummeting into a swamp or mountain way off track is another theory..

(there was a crash that went into the swampy everglades near Miami airport, way back..(ValuJet), but it crashed into swamp of 10ft-15ft deep (?) and was obliterated on the bedrock at the bottom, luckily two blokes fishing in the middle of nowhere saw it and said it was as if it hadn't happened as it just disappeared into the crocodile infested swamp) ..

maybe looking on the ocean surface is completely the wrong place.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Can this plane not be tracked by accessing its black box?

TsarMatt

Major Winner
Reactions
Been following this closely. Very interesting but equally as tragic. I don't think it was a mechanical problem - hell, even if both engines blew out, the pilot would have had enough time to make an emergency call.

Whatever happened, it was very sudden and destructive. I don't want to think of it as terrorism, but it is a possibility, especially considering the fact that passengers had stolen passports. Then again, these things happen quite frequently, so... Still, a plane vanishes and one of the only clues is stolen passports? Quite fishy to me, even if it is pure speculation.

R

Rose

According to this even one of the passport is no longer a clue. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/03/11/malaysia-airlines-investigation/6282557/

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
it might have been the captain / co-pilot killing themselves and deliberately crashing the plane, seeing as the thought is now the plane changed direction before disappearing..maybe...:huh:

pilot overpowers/knocks out co-pilot, turns off auto pilot, disables what he can to reduce chance of plane being tracked, and veers off and crashes into the sea way off course or crashes into dense forest or mountains..explaining why plane didn't emit distress messages or alert air traffic control because it was pilot suicide.

it has happened before.

TsarMatt

Major Winner
Reactions
JesuslookslikeBorg. said:
it might have been the captain / co-pilot killing themselves and deliberately crashing the plane, seeing as the thought is now the plane changed direction before disappearing..maybe...:huh:

pilot overpowers/knocks out co-pilot, turns off auto pilot, disables what he can to reduce chance of plane being tracked, and veers off and crashes into the sea way off course or crashes into dense forest or mountains..explaining why plane didn't emit distress messages or alert air traffic control because it was pilot suicide.

it has happened before.

It's possible, but the main pilot has been flying since 1981 and is highly respected in the company. Then again, you never know.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
day 6 and still no plane or its 230 (?) passengers..:huh: :(

there was a ep of the twilight zone when an aircraft lost contact with atc and came out the clouds to see no new York city..and then seeing a diplodocus, they tried to get back the way they came and ended up in 1939 I think (??)..still 20 odd years out of place..

obviously this plane didn't travel through a time rip and visit the dinosaurs but its as close as you can get to a plane in real life being an a twilight zone episode.