Jack Lieb's Color Scenes of London & Paris 1944 (speed corrected)

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
In spring 1944 cameraman Jack Lieb was on the ground filming events surrounding D-Day in stunning color/clarity. Later on he provided audio commentary for the scenes. The singular issue with the footage is that the projector plays it back extremely fast, which I believe disorients the viewing experience. I've applied gait correction and some color balancing.

as written and upload by Guy Jones. His channel filled with excerpts like these.

See the entire film here: ...

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
In spring 1944 cameraman Jack Lieb was on the ground filming events surrounding D-Day in stunning color/clarity. Later on he provided audio commentary for the scenes. The singular issue with the footage is that the projector plays it back extremely fast, which I believe disorients the viewing experience. I've applied gait correction and some color balancing.

as written and upload by Guy Jones. His channel filled with excerpts like these.

You're showing us a "Tale of 2 cities" from the '40's with a twist then & you can't really say "It was the best of times. It was the worst of times." because it wasn't really a good time for anyone. Lol.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You could just as easily say the same about the swinging 1960's (my fave decade followed by 1940s). The Beatles, Man on the moon, Chics in mini-skirts, but on the downside there was the Kennedy murders (both brothers), Martin Luther King and Vietnam endless war.

Horsa

Reactions
You could just as easily say the same about the swinging 1960's (my fave decade followed by 1940s). The Beatles, Man on the moon, Chics in mini-skirts, but on the downside there was the Kennedy murders (both brothers), Martin Luther King and Vietnam endless war.
Definitely. I don't have a favourite period of history. My favourite part of history is the evolution of the horse from eohippus to equus przewalski & equus caballus & man's relationship with the horse through time.

Reactions: Vince Evert

tented

Administrator
Reactions

I’ve been subscribed to his channel for a while. Great stuff. Lots of revelatory treatments of videos.

Reactions: Vince Evert

Horsa

Reactions

I'm very sorry about my earlier response. He risked his life to record that footage so people could see it both then & in the future & he did a brilliant job. It was thoughtless of me to make light of it. (I had a nightmare & got up early & wasn't really functioning properly.)