Piers Morgan interviewing Curtis Jackson aka 50 Cent.....

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
50 Cent is someone who I greatly admire in significant respects and think very highly of. This isn't to say that I condone everything he does or agree with everything he says, but he is clearly a very thoughtful and intelligent person. This is clearly on display in this interview with Piers Morgan. He defies common stereotypes of blacks from the hood not being capable of functioning successfully in mainstream society.

On the Strawberry Mansion thread, Britbox asked me to present "solutions" to American urban problems, instead of just assigning blame. Well, these interviews are a real-life illustration of what I think those solutions entail.

50 Cent is an entrepreneurial maestro and a very high IQ person. And were it not for a) a gunshot to his face barely not killing him and b) gangster rap, he never would have had a chance to flourish as an entrepreneur. If that gunshot had finished 50 off, someone this smart and gifted would have just gone done as another thug shot down in a gunfight in the hood. And we'd never have known or seen what he was capable of in regular society.

That is an indictment of both white conservatives and white leftists. The failure to integrate black potential into economic and civil life is in many ways a pitiful travesty.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVFY1Dm28DI[/video]

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEfe2mQthnc[/video]

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
calitennis127 said:
1972Murat said:
I like 50...Pierce is a douche though...

Yeah, a number of people in the United States think that.

I lost all respect during the school shootings and the gun debate. He had no clue about the second amendment but kept on talking garbage. Irritated the hell out of me.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
calitennis127 said:
1972Murat said:
I like 50...Pierce is a douche though...

Yeah, a number of people in the United States think that.

I lost all respect during the school shootings and the gun debate. He had no clue about the second amendment but kept on talking garbage. Irritated the hell out of me.

Yes, his behavior after Newtown in particular went really overboard.

Some of his interviews with Ted Nugent are very entertaining though.

TsarMatt

Major Winner
Reactions
Piers Morgan is a great troll. He deliberately uses contradictory and silly arguments to elicit a reaction from his viewers... and it works.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
TsarMatt said:
Piers Morgan is a great troll. He deliberately uses contradictory and silly arguments to elicit a reaction from his viewers... and it works.

Not for much longer. He's been sacked. He's more or less despised this side of the pond, as one if the worst examples of classless tabloid journalism...

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
To everyone: I know that Piers Morgan is a polarizing figure, but his behavior in this interview was nothing bothersome and this thread is intended to be about 50 Cent more than Piers.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
calitennis127 said:
To everyone: I know that Piers Morgan is a polarizing figure, but his behavior in this interview was nothing bothersome and this thread is intended to be about 50 Cent more than Piers.

My bad, sorry for bringing Morgan into it.

I would have no problem with a thread on Morgan alone. I know how annoyed people get with him. I would find that pretty entertaining.

K

Kenneth

Never watched a whole interview with 50 cent because mostly listen to rock, but the guy seems to catch how the market works. seems pretty cool to me.