ISIS

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
shawnbm said:
Well, Murat, ISIS just captured another 90 Christians (probably Chaldean or Syro-Malabarese) from northeastern Syria. Oh how I fear we will see more executions. It may be the bastards try and trade the Christians (or at least a few of them) for ISIS militants being held by the Kurdish forces. Regardless, more killings are, sadly, likely to soon follow. Mater Dei, Ora pro nobis

It was great to be away for a week and unplug, but life goes on , in its cruel and senseless way. Kids from around the world travelling to Syria to join Isis...how does one explain that? Sometimes I say to myself, you know what, let everyone who wants to join them go...do not stop them. Once everyone is there, just get in there and...But what about the thousands who live under Isis controlled regions now because they have no other choice , they just want their kids to live and escape is not an option? I have no answers but only an observation that does not help anything or anyone: Do not go into countries that you do not understand at all how they operate, to bring "democracy" to them.

Is there one sane person in this world who would not take Saddam over what is going on in northern Iraq right now?

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
shawnbm said:
Well, Murat, ISIS just captured another 90 Christians (probably Chaldean or Syro-Malabarese) from northeastern Syria. Oh how I fear we will see more executions. It may be the bastards try and trade the Christians (or at least a few of them) for ISIS militants being held by the Kurdish forces. Regardless, more killings are, sadly, likely to soon follow. Mater Dei, Ora pro nobis

It was great to be away for a week and unplug, but life goes on , in its cruel and senseless way. Kids from around the world travelling to Syria to join Isis...how does one explain that? Sometimes I say to myself, you know what, let everyone who wants to join them go...do not stop them. Once everyone is there, just get in there and...But what about the thousands who live under Isis controlled regions now because they have no other choice , they just want their kids to live and escape is not an option? I have no answers but only an observation that does not help anything or anyone: Do not go into countries that you do not understand at all how they operate, to bring "democracy" to them.

Is there one sane person in this world who would not take Saddam over what is going on in northern Iraq right now?

No, unless you consider John McCain and the late neoconservative hero Christopher Hitchens "sane".

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Hitch was not alive to see isis and its deeds. I am sure he would have some choice words for them.

Did McCain actually say something to the effect of he would still have taken Saddam out, knowing what we have today, or are you guessing that would be his position? That would not surprise me by the way...just asking.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Hitch was not alive to see isis and its deeds. I am sure he would have some choice words for them.

Did McCain actually say something to the effect of he would still have taken Saddam out, knowing what we have today, or are you guessing that would be his position? That would not surprise me by the way...just asking.

Dunno about McCain, but Tony Blair still insists he would have taken the same decisions. Mind you, he's got a pretty good bank balance from the paper trail of events.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Didn't the western powers used to compare Saddam and Gaddafi to Hitler? Boy, Iraq and Libya are doing so much better now.:cover

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Billie said:
Didn't the western powers used to compare Saddam and Gaddafi to Hitler? Boy, Iraq and Libya are doing so much better now.:cover

Everyone who is bad is compared to Hitler nowadays.....and that is because the left dominates the academy, and they hilariously equate fascism with Nazism in order to make it sound to all posterity that everything that is bad emanates from the non-egalitarian side of politics.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:

I actually think that Hitchens would have liked that Saddam being toppled caused more chaos, because it would justify the kind of nuclear-level slaughter of Muslims that he seemed to quite clearly crave.

As for McCain, I did not hear anything specific, but I do know that he justifies all past wars and sees all future wars as inevitable and necessary.

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
When all this was happening it made me feel so depressed I stopped watching the news. A historian friend of mine posted a country-style protest song which inspired me to write my own song but mine looks more suited to either reggae or a crescendo. A crescendo would have been apt as it mimics anger expressed vocally by starting off quiet & getting slightly louder until it reaches a climax. Hyphens in between words represents note/word holds. I know this is an old thread but I wrote this a while ago & wanted to get out in the open what I thought & felt. My song is old too & I haven't really thought much about them since I wrote this. Luckily they haven't done anything else for ages & hopefully they won't but I'm thinking this could be the calm before the storm.

My protest song

Verse 1

I want an end to all this killing.
That is God or Allah willing.
It isn't very thrilling.
In fact I find it chilling.

Chorus

I want an end to war.
That is what I want
I will never end the fight until they stop the war.
No-o war, no-o gore, no-o pain better pla-a-ace

Verse 2

Killing & thefts are against all creeds.
They're just wanting to do the deeds.
Of evil, they're sowing the seeds.
They're not due to any needs.

Verse 3

History & antiquities need to be preserved
They also need to be conserved.
They don't need to be destroyed.
Less destruction needs to be employed.

Verse 4

I want to know what all this fighting & destruction is for.
I want an end to all this war.
I want it to be solved by the jaw.
I want everything solved by justice & law.