MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I must say Ostapenko is the image of her mum who looks nervous in the stands

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Osta has had a perfect start to then 2nd set with a 3-0 lead
Elena has gone off the boil, I am concerned with her movement, she seems slow around the court at present, though she did get to that drop shot okay, she took some pills after the 1st set

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
They’re covering the court and players are heading to the locker room. :rain:
Well the ladies final is on tomorrow this match already had a late start? I question the scheduling in this longer tournament?
Like some of the men who played their QF matches have to wait 3 days before their SF match? Madness

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I cant remember this type of weather in Rome for years, though to the north of Rome there has been dreadful rain and floods
Me neither. We never had more rain in May where I live and we are not far away from Italy. The sun didn't come out for like a week. I planted a few pots of basil to make pesto, but poor thing is barely growing and looks miserable without sunshine. I guess those are small problems compared to Rome tournament. Their centre court this year is also in poor condition, lots of bad bounces close to the baseline.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Me neither. We never had more rain in May where I live and we are not far away from Italy. The sun didn't come out for like a week. I planted a few pots of basil to make pesto, but poor thing is barely growing and looks miserable without sunshine. I guess those are small problems compared to Rome tournament. Their centre court this year is also in poor condition, lots of bad bounces close to the baseline.
The courts are not handling these wet condition at all, a lot of players have been complaining, putting tarps over them is one thing you have to have sun to dry out wet clay.
Scheduling is Madness, these women are suppose to play their final tomorrow?
Rune and Ruud have played a match in 3 days and are playing their SF tomorrow Madness again

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The courts are not handling these wet condition at all, a lot of players have been complaining, putting tarps over them is one thing you have to have sun to dry out wet clay.
Scheduling is Madness, these women are suppose to play their final tomorrow?
Rune and Ruud have played a match in 3 days and are playing their SF tomorrow Madness again
Scheduling is awful and agree with wet clay, they lack sunshine in Rome.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Scheduling is awful and agree with wet clay, they lack sunshine in Rome.
Sad to say Don we cant control weather, I hope we see sunshine in Paris, though I have been to RG with heavy, overcast skies and rain
I am going to take a break and hopefully we will hear some news, I feel for Elena and Jelena they may have to come back tomorrow and finish this match, one of them will have to play in a final?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Before the rain break in the 2nd set Elena had 2 BPs
Coming back she has won in SS 62 64 over Ostapenko and will play in the final tomorrow against Kalalinia
Well done Elena, a difficult match with the rain delays and your first WTA1000 on clay
Tomorrow we will have 2 players vying for their first clay WTA1000 title

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jelena Ostapenko needs to watch her mouth, as an audio has picked up on her calling Elena Rybakina a F Bitch,
I suggest to Jelena to try and improve your 2nd serve, it is like at times Errani style, and then it wont be returned with interest like it was during the match! and your movement needs attention as well, jealousy young lady can sure be a curse! a very strange hand shake at the net as well!
I have just been rewatching the match BTW

Last edited: