Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome, Italy - WTA 1000

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
They are good friends and Elena just put her hand around Kalinina's shoulder for pictures

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I now understand why they are earning less at this event.This final was anticlimactic to say the least.ATP has better matches..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Anyway sad for the ending, though Elena has to be a top contendor for Paris

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I now understand why they are earning less at this event.This final was anticlimactic to say the least.ATP has better matches..

There have been some good matches, it was some of the Top 10 seedsw who were well below par at Rome
only Swiatek and Elena did well, the others NO

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
For Elena Rubakina, with the Rome title takes her to a new career high ranking of No 4, it is her 2nd 1000 title this year from 3 such finals. Its her 28th match win this year, tying with Swiatek, one behind leader Sabalenka

Reactions: kskate2

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
They really dumped to women to play final pass the midnight after 2 men's semis. I tought this final would get rescheduled for tomorrow. I see Kalinina is in tears. Sad way to end the magic run here.
They had a short window tonight to get the men's SF complete and they decided to get the women done. Tomorrow's weather will be a replay of today. I'm sure that's why they decided not to push it out. Plus they have the men's doubs final tomorrow too.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
They had a short window tonight to get the men's SF complete and they decided to get the women done. Tomorrow's weather will be a replay of today. I'm sure that's why they decided not to push it out. Plus they have the men's doubs final tomorrow too.
They could move the mens doubles final to grandstand and then have womens final on centrale at the same time? just a thought, I know the weather forecast stinks again for tomorrow

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I know, how many times have we said that, I will check the entry list has just come out
So this is actually the opposite of what they should be doing. They need to skip playing all the small warmup events and just play at the slams. This way, they can play doubs on their day off, get extra practice w/ serves, returns and net play for singles, etc. It's all these small events where they play everyday or sometimes 2 matches a day that has them gassed.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
So this is actually the opposite of what they should be doing. They need to skip playing all the small warmup events and just play at the slams. This way, they can play doubs on their day off, get extra practice w/ serves, returns and net play for singles, etc. It's all these small events where they play everyday or sometimes 2 matches a day that has them gassed.
Agree, the last 2 finals in Madrid and Rome, Coco and Jess were flat, at present both need to concentrate on their singles, just look at their respective results before RG?, just play the slams if they want to, they get a day off to recharge

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Technically, Elena is from Kazakhstan
Technically. But as everyone says, they're friends. Which is why tennis probably should have stayed out of it, in the first place. Individuals, not countries.