Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome, Italy - Masters 1000

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't know that it's a smart move. It will cost upwards of 40 mil to put a roof on Centrale for a court that's only used for this tournament and can take a marginal amount of water before it becomes unplayable. A better investment would be in the painted lines technology instead of that plastic they are currently using.
They can use it for other sports apparently Kskate in the offseason

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
In saying that with the draw at RG this year there is no way I would dismiss Novak from winning, even at No 3 ranked, he knows how to win in Paris, especially now that the Clay King is not playing
I don't believe anyone is dismissing Novak, and I expect him to be the favorite. My only point about him being in Charlie's half is that it would give Alcaraz a bit more of a chance to meet him in a SF, rather than a final, but I would still have to favor Djokovic in either scenario.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't believe anyone is dismissing Novak, and I expect him to be the favorite. My only point about him being in Charlie's half is that it would give Alcaraz a bit more of a chance to meet him in a SF, rather than a final, but I would still have to favor Djokovic in either scenario.
I know that your not dismissing Novak, that was me just thinking out loud lol! I am putting down names of players I feel that could do well at RG, Novak was one of them that is all.

• Haha

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Puhlease....BO5 is as much a mental challenge as a physical, plus you get off days. Chatrier is a roofed stadium (Suzanne Lenglen next year?) and now there are night sessions at Roland Garros ( I was reading they start at 8 PM this year) so I doubt the top players will have to play back to back 5 set matches within 36 hours..

So I think the ;Danish Angel could very well win this year. He's not afraid of the top players, he relishes the challenge. What happened today against a red hot Medvedev, the game plan (planned aggression and mixing the ground game with S/V and drop shots) was sound, but his execution was sketchy. Need to clean up the net game more. Again, Holger is a sponge he is going to learn from this.

If we are waiting for physical endurance and heath credentials, Janninck Sinner and Lorenzo Mussetti would NEVER win the FO, but I doubt their fans would agree with that.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Puhlease....BO5 is as much a mental challenge as a physical, plus you get off days. Chatrier is a roofed stadium (Suzanne Lenglen next year?) and now there are night sessions at Roland Garros ( I was reading they start at 8 PM this year) so I doubt the top players will have to play back to back 5 set matches within 36 hours..

So I think the ;Danish Angel could very well win this year. He's not afraid of the top players, he relishes the challenge. What happened today against a red hot Medvedev, the game plan (planned aggression and mixing the ground game with S/V and drop shots) was sound, but his execution was sketchy. Need to clean up the net game more. Again, Holger is a sponge he is going to learn from this.

If we are waiting for physical endurance and heath credentials, Janninck Sinner and Lorenzo Mussetti would NEVER win the FO, but I doubt their fans would agree with that.
Well if you cared to read my posts, I said that Sinner has had physical troubles at present and no way he can win RG this year
Mussetti hasnt got the physicallity or mentally ability to win a major let alone RG
Rune had very heavy legs in a best of 3 on clay, regardless if he has a day off at RG, I cant see him winning, he also has other area's in his game that needs fixing
I dont 'sugar coat' my favorite players or make excuses for them ? I post it as I see it okay.Maybe you should start reading my posts.!

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW in theory at least, Patrick M is no longer Holger's coach, although he has been seen in the clay tournaments, with Holger, the youngster is still working with some of the Academy's pros at Patricks academy. Holgers main coach is Lars Christensen

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Daniil Medvedev 2023 by the numbers +

-39 wins
- 29 HC wins
-20 ATP Masters 1000 wins
- 6 Top Ten Winds
- 6 Finals
-5 titles
- 4 HC titles
+ Leads ATP Tour in all categories

Well done Daniil!

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Winners of the clay court Masters - 2023

Monte Carlo Andrey Rublev
Madrid Carlos Alcaraz
Rome Daniil Medvedev

Who will hold ' La Coupe de Mousquetaries' in 2023?

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
BTW in theory at least, Patrick M is no longer Holger's coach, although he has been seen in the clay tournaments, with Holger, the youngster is still working with some of the Academy's pros at Patricks academy. Holgers main coach is Lars Christensen
I don't know what Patrick's official title is but he is acting in a coach capacity. He was giving Rune verbal coaching and tactics throughout the tourney. He also carried his bag in the tunnel right before he walked out on court.

Reactions: nehmeth

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't know what Patrick's official title is but he is acting in a coach capacity. He was giving Rune verbal coaching and tactics throughout the tourney. He also carried his bag in the tunnel right before he walked out on court.
Their contract from what I read was for 3 months, then they extended it, six months, Patrick was seen in Runes box, clay season, Holger trains at Patrick's academy, though his main coach has been Lars Christensen,. I would imagine Holger will continue to train when he can at Patrick's academy with different coaches.

Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Their contract from what I read was for 3 months, then they extended it, six months, Patrick was seen in Runes box, clay season, Holger trains at Patrick's academy, though his main coach has been Lars Christensen,. I would imagine Holger will continue to train when he can at Patrick's academy with different coaches.
I will post what Patrick M wrote on his instagram page,

"Holger, we're successfully completed our mission and extended having an incredible 6 month adventure, exceeding our original plan of 3 months
It was a pleasure to share this journey with you. I have no doubt that your bright future holds amazing things".

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Yup very impressive. I haven't made any bets since around November 2022 and thought Medvedev would win. Always happens when you have nothing down!
It is always the way isnt it, maybe you can make up for it down the track Fronty placing some bets
I just checked with one betting agency Meddy is 15/1 to win RG, though that may shortened a bit seeing he has just won Rome

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
"First title on clay, it's amazing. I never thought I'd be able to do this. Grand Slam is always bigger, so the US Open is number 1, but this is special. I don't believe it yet. not that I won, but that I played so well this week. Very happy to get this trophy".

Daniiil Medvedev

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rome is a clayish hardcourt..
No it is not, I have played on the proper red clay court at Rome tournament as a junior +
This year was bad because of the rain, putting tarps over it, dosent dry out clay you need the sun to dry it out.That is why it was harder to play on this year.
Rome has always and MC have always been in the Masters series as 'the true red court clay surface'.
The BS clay tournament is Madrid which is a HC clay with high altitude lol! a tournament I Hate

Last edited: