Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome, Italy - Masters 1000

lomaha

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
couldn't save the other 2. he can walk off the court w/ his head held high. He played well this week taking down Djoke and the ghost. Needs to work on his first serve, fitness and patience w/ the rallies. I'm sure Patrick will get him ready.
He needs some medical attention to his shoulder. Impressive going to the finals in a master1000 with an injured shoulder. Only a first serve percent in the low 30 says it all.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He needs some medical attention to his shoulder. Impressive going to the finals in a master1000 with an injured shoulder. Only a first serve percent in the low 30 says it all.
Whatever why dont you give some credit to Meddy instead of the continual excuses about Rune Enough I am Over it thanks

• Haha
Reactions: AnonymousFan

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Years ago, Federer stated an obvious truism: in order to win a major, you have to be ready to play seven five-set matches in 2 weeks.

Although that has never happened (at least not in the Open Era), it is true nevertheless. And this is why I don’t see Rune winning a major. Yet. One day, sure. But for now his body isn’t ready to go the distance at a best-of-five tournament.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Years ago, Federer stated an obvious truism: in order to win a major, you have to be ready to play seven five-set matches in 2 weeks.

Although that has never happened (at least not in the Open Era), it is true nevertheless. And this is why I don’t see Rune winning a major. Yet. One day, sure. But for now his body isn’t ready to go the distance at a best-of-five tournament.
Agree I am saying this with a constructive view so I dont get posts saying I am biased lol!
I could see his legs were very heavy in this match, on clay that is a No No, reason he was trying to win a point early and making errors.
He is talented and has a good game on the clay, a great heavy fhand, maybe next year at RG he could be a force not this year

Reactions: don_fabio

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions

I think his team knows his fitness isn't ready for BO5. It's one of those things that's hard to work on during tourneys. I don't know that they can correct the fitness issues before the next 3 slams. He needs a training block or will have to wait until the off season.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm pretty sure he just jumped the cue in the odds-makers minds, too. Strategically thinking, this also means that Djokovic could end up in Alcaraz's half of the RG draw, which, IMO, would help Charlie a bit.
Great minds Moxie, my mind also drifted to the draw, after Meddy won, I dont mind that Charlie went out early at Roma, I feel it was a silver lining in ways, indeed it could help Charlie a bit in the draw

lomaha

Pro Tour Player
Reactions

Well he just needs to win a lot of them in three sets then...lol

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
In saying that with the draw at RG this year there is no way I would dismiss Novak from winning, even at No 3 ranked, he knows how to win in Paris, especially now that the Clay King is not playing

lomaha

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Agree I am saying this with a constructive view so I dont get posts saying I am biased lol!
I could see his legs were very heavy in this match, on clay that is a No No, reason he was trying to win a point early and making errors.
He is talented and has a good game on the clay, a great heavy fhand, maybe next year at RG he could be a force not this year
I honestly think he plays better on hard court and have a better chance at USO or AO.
He works with a psycical trainer at the training Academy in Monaco. And he has improved a lot this year. We'll see how he progresses. But I do think think he can win RG this year. Even if it is his goal..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I honestly think he plays better on hard court and have a better chance at USO or AO.
He works with a psycical trainer at the training Academy in Monaco. And he has improved a lot this year. We'll see how he progresses. But I do think think he can win RG this year. Even if it is his goal..
Quite frankly I feel his game translates well on all surfaces, though RG is the hardest slam to win, physically and mentally, look at Alcaraz he won his 1st GS on a HC, maybe winning on a HC for Rune is a better goal in ways

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
BTW.
At the conclusion of one of the tournaments wettest conditions. Italian Open Organizers have promised to install a retractable roof over the tennis court ( court centrale) by 2026!
I don't know that it's a smart move. It will cost upwards of 40 mil to put a roof on Centrale for a court that's only used for this tournament and can take a marginal amount of water before it becomes unplayable. A better investment would be in the painted lines technology instead of that plastic they are currently using.