Instruction Corner: Don't Diminish The Slice

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
Hartt writes:

Further to our discussions about how playing doubles could help players hone their singles games, I had a look at the Wimby doubles draw. There are just a few youngsters playing, including Tiafoe, Donaldson, Kokkinakis and Edmund. Mischa Zverev is teamed up with Brown, so it looks like Sascha is passing on doubles. Although no longer a youngster, Harrison and his partner, Venus, are seeded No. 10, a good sign. Was also pleased to see Pospisil is teamed up with Benneteau. Vasek has always played a lot of doubles, but now he especially needs match play. Another player who has shown the benefit of doubles is Feli Lopez, who once again is playing with Marc Lopez. I think Feli could go far in this tourney in singles. Kontinen/Peers are the No. 1 seed, and Herbert/Mahut are No. 2. But I think J. Murray/Soares, ranked No. 3, have an excellent chance at winning the title. They have been having very good results lately.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
catherine writes:

In the women Ashleigh Barty plays doubles and that certainly shows in her singles game from what I've seen of it, good volleyer and grass suits her as well. Be interesting to see how she does at W'don after success in B'ham.

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
Scoop Malinowski writes:

Barty can Ostapenko the draw.

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
Scoop Malinowski writes:

jg: Let's hope he doesn't need a lawyer for anything!

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
Scoop Malinowski writes:

Once tennis is in the blood jg it's always in our blood.