Hopman Cup to return in 2023 in France

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Has anyone mention the return of the Hopman Cup? Only six teams will be competing and France will be host country for the next 5 years.

I did mention if Vince in the ATP News, I mean it is going to be played just after Wimbledon on clay? I cannot see many of the top players, playing it quite frankly. They should have left the Hopman Cup in Perth, I went there and all the players loved it, it was a great atmosphere, though they decided to introduce the ATP Cup in its place, well that didnt last long, now we have the United Cup, playing in Sydney, Brisbane and Perth, with a similar format like the Hopman Cup..

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It does make sense to hold two world mixed doubles , if they're different set of rules. That'll give mixed doubles a good shot in the arm.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It does make sense to hold two world mixed doubles , if they're different set of rules. That'll give mixed doubles a good shot in the arm.
Well usually mixed doubles gets a shout out in majors, I dont know if holding 2 world mixed doubles , will make much difference

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well usually mixed doubles gets a shout out in majors, I dont know if holding 2 world mixed doubles , will make much difference
It depends if either of the two mixed format is viable enough to attract the top players. It could also pave the way for retired 40-something veterans such as Federer.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It depends if either of the two mixed format is viable enough to attract the top players. It could also pave the way for retired 40-something veterans such as Federer.
Point taken with veterans I guess, we will have to wait and see who turns up to play.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MargaretMcAleer General Tennis Discussions 124