Hockey / NHL Talk

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
RE: NHL playoffs

Hawks take a 1-0 game lead. Game 2 is tonight.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

Da Hawks are up 2-0.. ESPN 's Barry Melrose says that they are the most talented team in the game.. That dude rocks.. he is too smooth and cool.. He reminds of some frat guys that I went to college with.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions

Hawks up 3-1 and can close out the defending champs at home on Sat for a birth in the finals.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

Kiu said:
Update here.
Boston 2-0 Pittsburgh
Chicago 2-0 Los Angeles

Kiu.. whats wrong with Pittsburgh.. are the Bruin that good and should the Hawks be worried if they meet in the Finals next week

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions

kskate2 said:
Hawks up 3-1 and can close out the defending champs at home on Sat for a birth in the finals.

Hawks win 4-3 in double OT.

the AntiPusher said:
Kiu said:
Update here.
Boston 2-0 Pittsburgh
Chicago 2-0 Los Angeles

Kiu.. whats wrong with Pittsburgh.. are the Bruin that good and should the Hawks be worried if they meet in the Finals next week

Yes AP. The Hawks should be worried, but I'm picking them to win it again anyway.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

kskate2 said:
kskate2 said:

the AntiPusher said:
Kiu said:
Update here.
Boston 2-0 Pittsburgh
Chicago 2-0 Los Angeles

Yes AP. The Hawks should be worried, but I'm picking them to win it again anyway.

I just saw SC.. my top dawg Barry Melrose let me down, he picked the Bruins in 7.. good grief..jeez :-(

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions

the AntiPusher said:
kskate2 said:
kskate2 said:

the AntiPusher said:
Kiu said:
Update here.
Boston 2-0 Pittsburgh
Chicago 2-0 Los Angeles

I just saw SC.. my top dawg Barry Melrose let me down, he picked the Bruins in 7.. good grief..jeez :-(

I know I saw that too. At the beginning of the playoffs he couldn't stop singing the Hawks praises. Now that they are in the final he thinks the Bruins defense will lockdown all the Hawks offensive weapons. He also predicted the Bruins would win in 7. That would mean they would come to the Madhouse and defeat Chi in a Game 7 winner takes all. I don't see that happening. They need to win in 6 if they want this series. Hawks have only lost 1 home game throughout the playoffs.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

kskate2 said:
the AntiPusher said:
kskate2 said:
kskate2 said:

the AntiPusher said:
Kiu said:
Update here.
Boston 2-0 Pittsburgh
Chicago 2-0 Los Angeles

I know I saw that too. At the beginning of the playoffs he couldn't stop singing the Hawks praises. Now that they are in the final he thinks the Bruins defense will lockdown all the Hawks offensive weapons. He also predicted the Bruins would win in 7. That would mean they would come to the Madhouse and defeat Chi in a Game 7 winner takes all. I don't see that happening. They need to win in 6 if they want this series. Hawks have only lost 1 home game throughout the playoffs.

Kskate, thanks for the reply and giving me some reason for hope since Barry jumped ship.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions

the AntiPusher said:
Kiu said:
Update here.
Boston 2-0 Pittsburgh
Chicago 2-0 Los Angeles

Pittsburgh was the top seed but looked exhausted, Boston on the other hand is playing some inspired Hockey, so as the result, Boston Bruins sweeped the series 4-0
Chicago didn't do too bad either, beating LA 4-1, Chicago is the top seed in the western conference and rightfully so, won the conference.

Now, we are down to two teams in the final, 4th seeded Boston Bruins from the east conference and top seeded Chicago Blackhawks from the west conference.

This is for all the marbles, the Stanley Cup!

First game is Wednesday.

I still think Boston will win it, sorry K!

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Got some major Blackhawks fans in my office.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions

Oh My!
The first game of this best of 7 championship ended in a tie! Into the sudden death overtime we go...

You know I have always questioned this best of 7 business here in the USA, it's just about the only place in the world where championships are decided in a series of games played.

I wonder how our British friends or others think about this?

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions

How bout them Hawks? They take 1-0 lead in the finals against the favored Bruins in triple OT after being outplayed for most of the game.

Kiu said:
Oh My!
The first game of this best of 7 championship ended in a tie! Into the sudden death overtime we go...

You know I have always questioned this best of 7 business here in the USA, it's just about the only place in the world where championships are decided in a series of games played.

I wonder how our British friends or others think about this?

Kiu,
It's the American Way. The only thing decided by one game is the BCS championships, but even that is going to a playoff soon.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

Game 5 goes to the Mighty Blackhawks.. Its nothing better to be back in the Chi watching a game with my lovely daughters who would rather be shopping on the gold coast with their Dad's credit:laydownlaughing card. Kane, Sharp and the rest of the Blackhawk boys are the Truth.. I still wouldn't be surprised if it went 7 games.. hope not..
Hey Kskate, did you hear that a poor Blackhawks fan got so wrapped up in the 1st couple of games that he suffered a stress attack, slight heart attack. Come on, its not that Serious, its just Sport.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions

No AP I didn't hear that. Yeah people need to calm down if this has become a health issue. I have missed watching the weekend games because I haven't been home, only catching the highlights on Sportscenter. One more game to go. I think the Bruins will rebound tomorrow night. We'll see what happens w/ Bergeron and Toews.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

kskate2 said:
No AP I didn't hear that. Yeah people need to calm down if this has become a health issue. I have missed watching the weekend games because I haven't been home, only catching the highlights on Sportscenter. One more game to go. I think the Bruins will rebound tomorrow night. We'll see what happens w/ Bergeron and Toews.

It will be very interesting to see how both players recover from those game 5 injuries.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions

Kiu said:
the AntiPusher said:
Kiu said:
Update here.
Boston 2-0 Pittsburgh
Chicago 2-0 Los Angeles

Now, we are down to two teams in the final, 4th seeded Boston Bruins from the east conference and top seeded Chicago Blackhawks from the west conference.

This is for all the marbles, the Stanley Cup!

First game is Wednesday.

I still think Boston will win it, sorry K!
Kiu,

When will you learn not to pick against me? :D Right now, the boys are driving the cup all over Chicago on the team bus. Just randomly visiting some of the local restaurants and pubs where the Hawk faithful usually gather to watch the games. :clap

They'll be having a parade later this week that will go right past my building downtown. I'll take a picture of the cup on the float and post it for you.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions

Here is raw footage of the Hawks parade as it went by my building.
[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/3OwDeW6odLw[/video]

This one was taken by someone else and is a better angle.
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVrW6Ot29AA[/video]

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

kskate2 said:
Here is raw footage of the Hawks parade as it went by my building.
[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/3OwDeW6odLw[/video]

This one was taken by someone else and is a better angle.
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVrW6Ot29AA[/video]

Good Stuff... Go Hawks..