1. K. Anderson
2. G. Monfils
3. B. Paire
4. M. Granollers
5. J. Sousa
6. F. Del Bonis
7. R. Haase
8. G. Garcia Lopez

An interesting note, Gilles Simon plays in the qualifications. I assume he decided too late to enter this event. He could have been seeded 2, in fact.

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
herios said:
Seeds:

1. K. Amderson
2. G. Monfils
3. B. Paire
4. M. Granollers
5. J. Sousa
6. F. Del Bonis
7. R. Haase
8. G. Garcia Lopez

An interesting note, Gilles Simon plays in the qualifications. I assume he decided too late to enter this event. He could have been seeded 2, in fact.
Not only that but had to gut out a three-setter. Must have been such foreign territory.:s

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Isn't Tommy Robredo the defending champion in this? It looks like Tommy switched to
Houston this year.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Pablo Andujar has won this a couple of times. Surprised he's not playing. (And disappointed. #handsome #has he won any other title?)

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Pablo Andujar has won this a couple of times. Surprised he's not playing. (And disappointed. #handsome #has he won any other title?)

I am also disappointed and surprised at the same time.
His picture was on the ATP page listing the participants just 2 days ago, not sure what happened to him all of as sudden to change his mind. I hope not a serious injury.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^ He's gotten his ranking up to #35, and he's listed as playing Monte Carlo. Perhaps he's protecting higher ambitions. If so, that could be a smart move.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Isn't Tommy Robredo the defending champion in this? It looks like Tommy switched to
Houston this year.

Houston, we have a problem. :blush:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If Monfils can summon anything like the form he found in the Davis Cup, I pick him.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
^ He's gotten his ranking up to #35, and he's listed as playing Monte Carlo. Perhaps he's protecting higher ambitions. If so, that could be a smart move.

I doubt it's a smart move. In order to get points at Masters events more than 250 events, you need to get into the QF (180 points) or even semifinal stages. I don't see that happening with Andujar. Being unseeded he'll encounter the world's finest pretty soon in the draw. Masters events are packed with quality, unlike 250 events.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Denisovich said:
Moxie629 said:

I doubt it's a smart move. In order to get points at Masters events more than 250 events, you need to get into the QF (180 points) or even semifinal stages. I don't see that happening with Andujar. Being unseeded he'll encounter the world's finest pretty soon in the draw. Masters events are packed with quality, unlike 250 events.

He did make last year the SF in the Madrid Master. So yes, he could do it before.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
herios said:
Denisovich said:
Moxie629 said:

He did make last year the SF in the Madrid Master. So yes, he could do it before.

It's a Catch-22: he needs ranking points in order to be seeded and avoid the top guys, but he can't get them if he's being knocked out early.

I agree with Denisovich: it's more important for Andujar to accumulate points in an environment in which he's more likely to succeed (250s), which would be a more stable way to climb up the rankings and try to get seeded at the bigger events.

He's won Casablanca a couple of times, so it's reasonable to think he could do it again, and be certain of getting 250 points. His chances of gaining that many at a Masters aren't nearly as good.

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGwivS9cq3E[/video]

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYhPfgNuhcQ[/video]

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
golds girl said:
herios said:
Seeds:

1. K. Amderson
2. G. Monfils
3. B. Paire
4. M. Granollers
5. J. Sousa
6. F. Del Bonis
7. R. Haase
8. G. Garcia Lopez

Not only that but had to gut out a three-setter. Must have been such foreign territory.:s

Gillou had to go through 3 rounds of qualies, which he did, but then he got to play Del Bonis seeded 6 and he lost 4-6, 4-6!

R

Rose

herios said:
Rose said:
Is that number 1 supposed to be K. Anderson?

Of course, I fixed the typo

I'm losing track of men's tennis for some reason and I thought I had really lost it when I saw what turned out to be a typo!

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkLDg0m1njA[/video]

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaO8X0PgDl4[/video]

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAfu4IJZNhM[/video]