General Doping/PEDs Discussion

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Nadal has been accused of taking performance enhancement drugs.. in fact, it got bad enough that i think nadal has sued people.. i think he sued a french commentator or journalist.

people have a hard time understand how nadal and djokovic can pull these superhuman feats. Remember when rafa played like a hour match vs verdasco in AO semis and then took out fed in 5? People were suspicious

novak pulled similar feat when he beat murray in a marathon and came back and beat nadal in 5 hour match in AO finals

federer has pulled off similar feats.. i mean winning slams in 5 sets after age 35..

they have endurance and mental strength. I don’t think what djoker pulled off was that different than what he has done in past.. in fact, when he beat murray and nadal at ao, this was much more brutal. He beat rafa 6-2 in 4th set here... tough match but lucky he didn’t need 10-8 in 5th...
That happened many years ego, by the way that match Nadal vs Verdasco has been one of the best matches of the history, 2009 which means Nadal was 22 or 23 years old. Also people talked about Federer when he came back of his first surgery and almost 7 years out of the court and with 35 years old and he won AO , some MS and WB, his best year since he was 28 years old. So exactly, people likes to talk and more when the players are doing well but in this specific RG people are talking about why Novak went to the bathroom during three matches and carrying his bag . Also Tsitsipas during the press conference said that when Novak when to the locker room he came back as a very different player. By the way Tsitsipas found out that his grandmother passed away a few minutes before the match, very sad.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Nadal has been accused of taking performance enhancement drugs.. in fact, it got bad enough that i think nadal has sued people.. i think he sued a french commentator or journalist.

people have a hard time understand how nadal and djokovic can pull these superhuman feats. Remember when rafa played like a hour match vs verdasco in AO semis and then took out fed in 5? People were suspicious

novak pulled similar feat when he beat murray in a marathon and came back and beat nadal in 5 hour match in AO finals

federer has pulled off similar feats.. i mean winning slams in 5 sets after age 35..

they have endurance and mental strength. I don’t think what djoker pulled off was that different than what he has done in past.. in fact, when he beat murray and nadal at ao, this was much more brutal. He beat rafa 6-2 in 4th set here... tough match but lucky he didn’t need 10-8 in 5th...
Murray basically accused both Djokovic and Nadal of doping in 2016 in relation to the AO 2012 and Djokovic like Nadal has been accused of a silent ban also by a journalist.

https://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_...cions-anger-novak-djokovic-coach-boris-becker

https://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_...-suspicions-some-opponents-seem-getting-tired

http://www.tennisnow.com/Blogs/NET-POSTS/April-2016/Djokovic-Disagrees-with-Murray-on-Doping.aspx

https://www.ubitennis.net/2017/08/novak-djokovic-pondering-legal-action-doping-allegation/

https://www.tennis.com/news/article...ainst-taking-lance-armstrong-position-on-dopi

Dick Pound, the former chief of the World Anti-Doping Agency, has criticized Novak Djokovic's comments about the amount of doping in the sport.

"That's a Lance Armstrong approach. 'I never tested positive therefore I am clean.' Wrong," Pound told STV.

"As long as there is no proof that somebody is doping, the sport is clean," Djokovic was quoted saying at the Laureus World Sport Awards, reacting to Andy Murray's statements that he has been suspicious of players on tour and wants tougher anti-doping efforts.

"I think it all comes down to anti-doping agencies, governing bodies—they need to come out with proof, if they don't it's only rumors," Djokovic also said.

Pound, known for his strident stance against doping and also for his controversial statements on its prevalence in sport, added that the reluctance of sporting bodies to catch offenders is also an issue.

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Murray basically accused both Djokovic and Nadal of doping in 2016 in relation to the AO 2012 and Djokovic like Nadal has been accused of a silent ban also by a journalist.

https://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_...cions-anger-novak-djokovic-coach-boris-becker

https://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_...-suspicions-some-opponents-seem-getting-tired

http://www.tennisnow.com/Blogs/NET-POSTS/April-2016/Djokovic-Disagrees-with-Murray-on-Doping.aspx

https://www.ubitennis.net/2017/08/novak-djokovic-pondering-legal-action-doping-allegation/

https://www.tennis.com/news/article...ainst-taking-lance-armstrong-position-on-dopi

Dick Pound, the former chief of the World Anti-Doping Agency, has criticized Novak Djokovic's comments about the amount of doping in the sport.

"That's a Lance Armstrong approach. 'I never tested positive therefore I am clean.' Wrong," Pound told STV.

"As long as there is no proof that somebody is doping, the sport is clean," Djokovic was quoted saying at the Laureus World Sport Awards, reacting to Andy Murray's statements that he has been suspicious of players on tour and wants tougher anti-doping efforts.

"I think it all comes down to anti-doping agencies, governing bodies—they need to come out with proof, if they don't it's only rumors," Djokovic also said.

Pound, known for his strident stance against doping and also for his controversial statements on its prevalence in sport, added that the reluctance of sporting bodies to catch offenders is also an issue.
No, Murray didn't "basically" accuse Nadal or Djokovic of doping. He spoke more broadly, and he also didn't say he knew anything. And yes, there has been rumbles of silent bans, (and not even just from you and Darth,) but Rafa sued and won on the defamation suit. Novak threatened, but didn't sue.

None of these links says anything new. I know you're blowing as hard as you can to make flames out of vague smoke. And we all know why.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This was recently posted in a group PM. It is not mine, and I don't like the blatantly accusatory tone, but it elicited an interesting conversation, and I thought it was a shame not to take the conversation public. It is the doldrums of tennis, so why not discuss here. If we don't keep active conversation going, we will lose these forums. My main question about this remains as it was: what is up with Djokovic huffing from a bottle? Thoughts?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
surely its just vitamin.....
What vitamin is taken via inhaling? And no one drinks like that. It's very weird. I've never seen that on a tennis court. Or maybe it's more common, but not with famous players.

Reactions: TheSicilian

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
What vitamin is taken via inhaling? And no one drinks like that. It's very weird. I've never seen that on a tennis court. Or maybe it's more common, but not with famous players.

It's very strange behaviour, but it's just misdirection. His real suspicious behaviour is long bathroom breaks, taking his bag, leaving the court lacking energy, tired, lacking confidence very negative woe is me etc. And returning like a new person. Extremely energetic, laser focused positive body language & hardly losing a game after his return. Murray, Tsitipas etc have questioned it....

Reactions: Kieran

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
No, Murray didn't "basically" accuse Nadal or Djokovic of doping. He spoke more broadly, and he also didn't say he knew anything. And yes, there has been rumbles of silent bans, (and not even just from you and Darth,) but Rafa sued and won on the defamation suit. Novak threatened, but didn't sue.

None of these links says anything new. I know you're blowing as hard as you can to make flames out of vague smoke. And we all know why.

Since they're buds behind the scene, I'm sure "some xplainin'" was necessary later on! They've all said something that hit home causing some friction! Fed and Rafa have had things to say about Novak very early on! Murray's got the biggest mouth of the 4 though! :fearful-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy::shushing-face:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am in the medical profession I have never seen anyone inhaling a vitamin. A lot of people can get vitimen's if they are deemed to be deficient, cannot absorb vitimen's in tablet form,through a 'infusion', though that would be on a FBC blood test first and foremost. Usually most people are deficient in vitimen D, which is vital to both women and men,especially in their later years. Quite frankly I find that video most disturbing.

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
I am in the medical profession I have never seen anyone inhaling a vitamin. A lot of people can get vitimen's if they are deemed to be deficient, cannot absorb vitimen's in tablet form,through a 'infusion', though that would be on a FBC blood test first and foremost. Usually most people are deficient in vitimen D, which is vital to both women and men,especially in their later years. Quite frankly I find that video most disturbing.
It's not vitamins, it's unlikely a professional athlete would have vitamin deficiencies, they must check vitamin levels quite frequently. Also it would be a very strange time to take vitamins mid match?

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
ok lets cut the chase, so if I was betting serious money on whether he dopes or not, I know where to put it....pro sport is so competitive that they need all the edge they can get. In fact my money would be on a lot of them, not just Novak. Its truly amazing how the governing bodies can reign in the herds and their believes so easily...yeah they do the 'testing', oh but that's not really in place to eradicate doping, but it's important to make believe for the masses....fair play remember? mishaps and miscalculations can happen, but its most important not to kill the business.

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
ok lets cut the chase, so if I was betting serious money on whether he dopes or not, I know where to put it....pro sport is so competitive that they need all the edge they can get. In fact my money would be on a lot of them, not just Novak. Its truly amazing how the governing bodies can reign in the herds and their believes so easily...yeah they do the 'testing', oh but that's not really in place to eradicate doping, but it's important to make believe for the masses....fair play remember? mishaps and miscalculations can happen, but its most important not to kill the business.

If any doping was going on it would never be exposed, too much $$$$ to be made. Look at Sharapova drug cheat yet RG a few months back had an article on her best moments :facepalm: Currently there is little deterrent not to dope, you keep the trophies & prize money? The worst thing is a short ban? So much fortune & glory to be had it must be tempting...

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
It's not vitamins, it's unlikely a professional athlete would have vitamin deficiencies, they must check vitamin levels quite frequently. Also it would be a very strange time to take vitamins mid match?
In fairness on this one, I've seen Becker eating a banana during a match, for potassium deficiency, presumably, even though he most likely wouldn't benefit from the banana until much later in the evening, maybe as late as dinnertime.

Maybe dinnertime in a restaurant.

Or maybe Boris in a restaurant cupboard... :astonished-face:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
And it's not the fist tme

I’m not sure that’s as dodgy as the Twitter poster thinks. That the bottle is being dealt with out of view of the public? That’s natural. And the contents of the bottle could be any number of benign substances to help with any number of needs.

In fact, that seems overwhelmingly likely, since it would be unlikely that Djoker - or anybody - would jeopardise his career by openly doping during a match. It’s just too easy to catch…

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I’m not sure that’s as dodgy as the Twitter poster thinks. That the bottle is being dealt with out of view of the public? That’s natural. And the contents of the bottle could be any number of benign substances to help with any number of needs.

In fact, that seems overwhelmingly likely, since it would be unlikely that Djoker - or anybody - would jeopardise his career by openly doping during a match. It’s just too easy to catch…
My question is if it's a simple "elixir" why they are trying to hide it and why they are not doing before and not during the matches ?. I don't know but at the present I haven't any doubt there are certain "products" which help a lot and they don't show like "ilegal" even they are.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
My question is if it's a simple "elixir" why they are trying to hide it and why they are not doing before and not during the matches ?. I don't know but at the present I haven't any doubt there are certain "products" which help a lot and they don't show like "ilegal" even they are.
Why not hide it? I would. Why do your private business in public, but if you have to be in public, then hide it. I certainly would. Doesn’t matter If it was apple juice, I wouldn’t do it in public.

Which products do you know of that are illegal, work instantly and can’t be detected?

Are there any products you know that he could be drinking, but aren’t illegal?

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Why not hide it? I would. Why do your private business in public, but if you have to be in public, then hide it. I certainly would. Doesn’t matter If it was apple juice, I wouldn’t do it in public.

Which products do you know of that are illegal, work instantly and can’t be detected?

Are there any products you know that he could be drinking, but aren’t illegal?
Can you see from a distance what kind of "products" they are putting in the bottles? lucky you that you have good eyes. In one word they don't need to hide anything, if Novak needs to drink something fresh then show it, you don't need to hide it.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Can you see from a distance what kind of "products" they are putting in the bottles? lucky you that you have good eyes. In one word they don't need to hide anything, if Novak needs to drink something fresh then show it, you don't need to hide it.
I’m a very private person so I understand why they don’t want prying eyes watching them - I’d be even more so if I was famous. Remember, it’s not their bottle, it’s somebody else’s bottle, so then the need for privacy is even greater.

Bear this in mind, that drug officials also see these videos, so the thought that they’d be trying to get away with something terrible in full view of the public becomes even less likely.

And also, we’re Rafa fans, we’ve heard enough of this nonsense from Federer fans who couldn’t handle Rafa’s owning him naturally.

I’m not saying that the big 3 aren’t doping, by the way, I’m just saying that this video didn’t tell me that anything unusual is going on…

• Wow

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I’m a very private person so I understand why they don’t want prying eyes watching them - I’d be even more so if I was famous. Remember, it’s not their bottle, it’s somebody else’s bottle, so then the need for privacy is even greater.

Bear this in mind, that drug officials also see these videos, so the thought that they’d be trying to get away with something terrible in full view of the public becomes even less likely.

And also, we’re Rafa fans, we’re heard enough of this nonsense from Federer fans who couldn’t handle Rafa’s owning him naturally.

I’m not saying that the big 3 aren’t doping, by the way, I’m just saying that this video didn’t tell me that anything unusual is going on…
Exactly, we have heard enough of nonsense accusations from Federer fans and now from Novak's without any reason but again you don't need to hide how to prepare a simple drink so I'd like to read or to heard some explanation, that's all

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 1071
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2587
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 3390
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2183
tented Pro Tennis (Mens) 1068