Gasquet gets dumped (by his coach)

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Normally, players dump their coaches. In Gasquet's case, his coach
dumped him abruptly at the WTF apparently.

http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id/9953115/richard-gasquet-dumped-coach-riccardo-piatti

tented

Administrator
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Normally, players dump their coaches. In Gasquet's case, his coach
dumped him abruptly at the WTF apparently.

http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id/9953115/richard-gasquet-dumped-coach-riccardo-piatti

If this is the way he treats a player, who would want him for a coach?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
There's a story in this. Maybe the coach is right? Could be a personality thing. As Gasquet says, it's up to the coach to explain. It's his right to drop a player he feels isn't working right for him...

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
^^ By this I also mean, the coach may feel Gasquet would benefit more from another coach. His departing coach may not be leaving as a criticism of Gasquet...

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Well, Gasquet could use a change given he has had a big upswing this year for the most part. I wonder if Annacone or Rasheed would coach him.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
Well, Gasquet could use a change given he has had a big upswing this year for the most part. I wonder if Annacone or Rasheed would coach him.

Isnt it time for some new blood for a change instead of Annacone or Rasheed

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Kieran said:
There's a story in this. Maybe the coach is right? Could be a personality thing. As Gasquet says, it's up to the coach to explain. It's his right to drop a player he feels isn't working right for him...

You're right, of course, but to have done it right in the middle of the WTF? He couldn't have waited even one day?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
tented said:
Kieran said:

You're right, of course, but to have done it right in the middle of the WTF? He couldn't have waited even one day?

Maybe not, I don't know the circumstances, but you're right - it's a bit moody and dramatic...

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Sundaymorningguy said:

Isnt it time for some new blood for a change instead of Annacone or Rasheed

Pat Cash? Pat Rafter?

St. Patrick? Never knew if he was a serve and volley kind of guy.

Wondering how "teachable" Gasquet really is; how much does he actually listen? It'd be nice to hear from Isabelle on this.