Game of Thrones (TV Show)

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hmm ... now that you mention it, I haven’t either, yet I also rank it near the top.

Yeah, there were some iconic scenes in that series. Can't really put my finger on why I never revisited it. I still need to plough through the Saul spinoff. Watched a handle of episodes a year or two ago, but didn't really follow up with it. I'll probably get around to it at some point but there are so many good things to watch nowadays - the competition between the likes of Netflix, Amazon Prime and others has really ramped up the level of great content out there.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I've only rewatched some of Breaking Bad but I'd probably rank it 2nd. GOT was better for longer even factoring in the poor last season. I've been comforting myself by watching many of the very memorable scenes on Youtube this past week. We will always have that at least.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I've only rewatched some of Breaking Bad but I'd probably rank it 2nd. GOT was better for longer even factoring in the poor last season. I've been comforting myself by watching many of the very memorable scenes on Youtube this past week. We will always have that at least.

I think GoT set expectation levels so high for every single episode that it ended up being the architect for its own eventual criticism. Based on series 1-6 it would probably just sneak my #1, although it's a close call with the Sopranos.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I think GoT set expectation levels so high for every single episode that it ended up being the architect for its own eventual criticism. Based on series 1-6 it would probably just sneak my #1, although it's a close call with the Sopranos.

Well some people seem to be grouping seasons 7 and 8 and I think there is a world of difference. Both were clearly rushed but season 7 was still pretty darn good IMO. Season 8 was rushed and the writing was fucking terrible. It's like they were trying to produce the most anticlimactic scenes possible. I knew we were in trouble when the Night King was taken out in 2 seconds...

I rewatched Sopranos once as it was a long series. It was a unique show that I thought lost quite a bit of steam midway through but then recovered and ended fairly well. I didn't hate the ending at all, it is definitely implied that he was killed in the restaurant. I think a lot of the people that don't like it are those who think/hope he wasn't killed there.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Are we really saying 24 doesn't rate amongst the top series of all time?

Reactions: DarthFed

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Are we really saying 24 doesn't rate amongst the top series of all time?

I loved that show! And it's a tough one to place. It's definitely at the top of the list for the more extreme "non-adult" shows of HBO, Netflix, Showtime, etc.

Reactions: Federberg

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I loved that show! And it's a tough one to place. It's definitely at the top of the list for the more extreme "non-adult" shows of HBO, Netflix, Showtime, etc.

Wasn’t that a network program? I think Fox, but I’m not positive.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I know I'm late with this, but just watched the last season of GOT and can't describe how disappointing it was. I actually managed to avoid all spoilers so I didn't know how it went. It is sad that best part of this season was how the bluray rip looked like on my TV. That part I'm happy with, it looked stunning.

The whole season, as some here said, was really rushed without any depth. Even if it was only 6 episodes they had to work with, they could have done better. Why waste first 2 episodes on nothing? They could just start with battle with night walkers and develop from there. They've put this battle in episode 3 and in the freaking dark so could not see most of it and then it drags for more than an hour.

Then Dennerys becomes a crazy one which makes no sense at all. Cersei dies with Jamie under the ruins instead of crucifiying her or something, that would bring some joy. Almost nothing satisfying with how it all ended. Samwell, Tyrion and others discussing things on that table just before end looked like comedy. I wanted to fast forward through half of the scenes.

Reactions: tented