French Open 1/4: Sharapova vs. Muguruza

Maria or Garbine?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Huge step up in Garbiñe's career, anyway. She's learned a lot in a week, and earned a lot of respect.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Si Si Simona said:
kskate2 said:
After a few days of feeling the disappointment from this, I think she'll bounce back.

She will not feel any disappointment. These days, the mentality is to see the good side, not the failure.
They move on enjoying their earnings and the "aura" surrounding tennis. That's why maria can beat them all. They don't fight like she does and they lose. There is only one other but never mind... ;)
old school

While I would normally agree here Si. Maria has lost some 3 set matches this year. The one to Cibulkova stands out because it was in a slam. The reason why Cibby had belief is because she had beaten Maria before in a major. Giorgi did it w/o having a previous win over Maria. There are some cases of players who fight mentally, but you're right, there's not enough of them.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Very good event for Garbine even though stopped by Masha. She fought and did not get across the line. She is only 20 and I think great things are in store for her in the future.

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Si Si Simona said:
kskate2 said:
After a few days of feeling the disappointment from this, I think she'll bounce back.

She will not feel any disappointment. These days, the mentality is to see the good side, not the failure.
They move on enjoying their earnings and the "aura" surrounding tennis. That's why maria can beat them all. They don't fight like she does and they lose. There is only one other but never mind... ;)
old school

While I would normally agree here Si. Maria has lost some 3 set matches this year. The one to Cibulkova stands out because it was in a slam. The reason why Cibby had belief is because she had beaten Maria before in a major. Giorgi did it w/o having a previous win over Maria. There are some cases of players who fight mentally, but you're right, there's not enough of them.

That was the old Masha coming back from long injury and still out of shape. She is in form now and the x factor is her fighting spirit (not her super quality tennis) imo. Players have to stand up and STARE in her eyes. That's the secret. Mental toughness.

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
shawnbm said:
Very good event for Garbine even though stopped by Masha. She fought and did not get across the line. She is only 20 and I think great things are in store for her in the future.

Hard to tell. I like her a lot but too soon to know her faith, imo. She is nice.

my sherona

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Multi Slam Champion Maria against this slam less bunch? Ya'all must be kidding me. Lol

R

Rose

I must remember to stay out of these scoring threads! They tend to lean to ugliness at times. And no Si Si that wasn't meant for you!

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
Rose said:
I must remember to stay out of these scoring threads! They tend to lean to ugliness at times. And no Si Si that wasn't meant for you!

Thanks! :) that ugliness as you called it is repeating itself in all his threads not just the live score, BUT!... Its NOTHING compared to whats happening on "tennisforum.com".
"Ma Sherona" posts are just a nice warm up on that forum. The admins there encourage it because it gives "sauce" and life to their black hole.
You will leave there after few days unless they will suck you in... "Hotel California.... you can always check in, but you can never check out". If you dont have the character to leave you will stay... I sound nuts, but believe me, there are people staying there for 10 years and they are addicted to the filth. Mentally They cant leave.
There was a nice female member there called "Crissey-fan", She told on the Simona subforum how she stays on that website for 10 years and cant leave, even if she knows that "its a cesspit" (her words). I replied her that she has no choice because that cesspit has a monopoly on women tennis stuff on the Internet being so big. She agreed with me.
These are grown up people ffs...
RJD11 from here can check my story about "Crissey-fan" and see if its true or not. Its on the main Simona cheering thread, about 4 days ago, "Crissey-fan" said all that. There are many like her, living in dirt but cant get out. :snigger

P.S. - I left a message yesterday on the WTA official website asking them to create an official forum of the WTA. I wish they would adapt this forum (tennis frontier), maybe give it another name and there you go. Told them how bad 'tennisforum.com' is.