Favorite thrillers

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I'm watching The Day of the Jackal. Even though it's from 1973, it still holds up. I love this film.

A couple of my favorite thrillers (in random order):

- Munich

- Marathon Man

- The Hunt for Red October

I like the Jason Bourne films.

James Bond fits into the "thriller" category. Sean Connery is still my favorite Bond. All of his are worth seeing.

What are your favorite thrillers?

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Michael Jackson's Thriller(with Vincent Price's voice in the background). :snigger
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Seriously, I would say Dress to Kill(Sir Michael Caine was excellent) , Eye of the Needle(Donald Sutherland was great), No Way Out(Kevin Costner best effort before Dancing with Wolves) and my favorite, Body Heat(Kathleen Turner as Matty Walker was deadly sexy and gorgeous as a Vamp).

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
tented said:
I'm watching The Day of the Jackal. Even though it's from 1973, it still holds up. I love this film.

A couple of my favorite thrillers (in random order):

- Munich

- Marathon Man

- The Hunt for Red October

I like the Jason Bourne films.

James Bond fits into the "thriller" category. Sean Connery is still my favorite Bond. All of his are worth seeing.

What are your favorite thrillers?

I agree with your list especially Marathon Man, what a movie that didn't get much acclaim but was superbly acting by all especially Hoffman, Devane, Roy Scheider and Sir Lawrence O.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
tented said:

The book was one of the best I ever read for suspense. Never watched the film properly - must have seen different parts of it on about 5 different occasions but never sat down to watch in one sitting. Having read the book, I'm suspecting I'd be disappointed. The only book I ever read where I wasn't underwhelmed by the film adaptation was the The Lord of the Rings.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
britbox said:
tented said:

The book was one of the best I ever read for suspense. Never watched the film properly - must have seen different parts of it on about 5 different occasions but never sat down to watch in one sitting. Having read the book, I'm suspecting I'd be disappointed. The only book I ever read where I wasn't underwhelmed by the film adaptation was the The Lord of the Rings.

It's ironic you mention that, because when I looked up the film to post the link, I noticed it was written by Frederick Forsyth, and thought, "I bet that's a great book."

tented

Administrator
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Michael Jackson's Thriller(with Vincent Price's voice in the background). :snigger
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Seriously, I would say Dress to Kill(Sir Michael Caine was excellent) , Eye of the Needle(Donald Sutherland was great), No Way Out(Kevin Costner best effort before Dancing with Wolves) and my favorite, Body Heat(Kathleen Turner as Matty Walker was deadly sexy and gorgeous as a Vamp).

Great list, AP. I can't believe I forgot Eye of the Needle, No Way Out, and especially Body Heat.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Speaking of Donald Sutherland, Don't Look Now is a marvelous thriller.

Clint has been in many, too.

Crimson Tide, for that marvelous face-off scene with Denzil and Gene Hackman, but it was a great film too. Hitchcock has a ton of them as well.

Good thread! :)