Famous Film Locations

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
All the filming locations from Alfred Hitchcock's horror classic, starring Anthony Perkins, Vera Miles and Janet Leigh. Big shout-out to John Eaves for his original photography and research back in 2010, documenting several hard-to-find locations. Visit his fascinating site --- https://johneaves.wordpress.com

That’s fabulous! Thanks Vince!

Reactions: Vince Evert

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Now hows about a Then and Now look at Bullitt locations!

Nearly every filming location from the Steve McQueen action film shot in San Francisco, CA. Big thanks to CitySleuth at http://reelsf.com/ who provided a few photos of some hard-to-get-to interiors.

The following features a shot-for-shot remake regarding the car chase famous sequence.

It's enough to make you want to dig out your dvd or video copy of the film and play it tonight, AYE. I know i will :good:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Now hows about a Then and Now look at Bullitt locations!

Nearly every filming location from the Steve McQueen action film shot in San Francisco, CA. Big thanks to CitySleuth at http://reelsf.com/ who provided a few photos of some hard-to-get-to interiors.

The following features a shot-for-shot remake regarding the car chase famous sequence.

It's enough to make you want to dig out your dvd or video copy of the film and play it tonight, AYE. I know i will :good:

I’m in the middle of watching the deciding set between Djokovic/Sinner, but I look forward to watching these. Bullitt is such a great movie, and The Chase Scene holds up to this day. Thanks as always, Vince!

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I’m in the middle of watching the deciding set between Djokovic/Sinner, but I look forward to watching these. Bullitt is such a great movie, and The Chase Scene holds up to this day. Thanks as always, Vince!
good one tented! Now can this this thread be re-titled to Famous Films Locations ? So as to collate all the famous movies then and now sites all one thread is an easier option, I should of thought of it first up !

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
do any of you like FALLING DOWN made in 1993 ? I certainly still do.

Here is a very well done researched video made two years ago, by 80s Life...

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Night of the Living Dead, made in 1968, has to rank as one of the GOAT horror films especially given that the late, great George A. Romero had only a shoe-string budget to produce it on.

there's also
this ultra-rare colorized video (made in 1983) as it went to air on local KDKA channel over in Pittsburgh dated on Oct 31, 1986, commercial content included.

The two things that make this recording unique are the fact that it was broadcast on KDKA Pittsburgh (the city where Night Of The Living Dead was filmed), and that it's being hosted by Siskel & Ebert who asked viewers to call in to a 1-900 number to vote on whether they like or dislike the colorization of movies that were filmed in black and white.

Results immediately after the film was For: 488 vs Against: 929

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Night of the Living Dead, made in 1968, has to rank as one of the GOAT horror films especially given that the late, great George A. Romero had only a shoe-string budget to produce it on.

there's also
this ultra-rare colorized video (made in 1983) as it went to air on local KDKA channel over in Pittsburgh dated on Oct 31, 1986, commercial content included.

The two things that make this recording unique are the fact that it was broadcast on KDKA Pittsburgh (the city where Night Of The Living Dead was filmed), and that it's being hosted by Siskel & Ebert who asked viewers to call in to a 1-900 number to vote on whether they like or dislike the colorization of movies that were filmed in black and white.

Results immediately after the film was For: 488 vs Against: 929

Part of this was filmed near me. It’s a particularly famous movie around here.

Reactions: Vince Evert

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

A Bronx Tale (1993) filming locations of New York City Lillo Brancato, Chazz Palminteri, Robert De Niro, And Taral Hicks - What the locations look like then and what they look like now. Queens And Brooklyn...

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
here's two from the master of suspense Alfred Hitchcock era -

here's another on The Birds,

Reactions: tented

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
here's a couple of well-researched fanmade vid's for Saturday Night Fever (1977)...

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

For a Few Dollars More ( FILMING LOCATION VIDEO) Eastwood Sergio Leone Ennio Morricone theme song​

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly - Sad Hill Cemetery Revisited 2023 - Sergio Leone, Clint Eastwood​

If you are a fan of Sergio Leone, Ennio Morricone, Clint Eastwood, Eli Walach or Lee Van Cleef and you combine those great names to one element then you need no introduction to the importance of this iconic location of possibly one of the best films of all time: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. This place is a treat for film fans of this epic western. Love this film? Add this to your bucket list. I'm so glad I visited this place. So cool!It figures prominently in one of the most famous movie scenes in the world, the sun reflecting off its rows of headstones as Clint Eastwood tersely stared down his companions in a final showdown.But while The Good, The Bad and The Ugly went on to become one of the world’s best-known westerns and turned Eastwood into a major film star, the set of the fictitious Sad Hill cemetery, located in northern Spain, did not fare as well.Measuring 300 metres in diameter and featuring more than 5,000 grave markers, the cemetery was specially built for the famous denouement of the film by several hundred Spanish soldiers.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Taxi Driver - Filming Locations​

Then and Now filming locations in 1975 New York, from the movie Taxi Driver.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Then and Now filming locations in 1977 San Francisco, from the movie 'Foul Play'.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Then and Now filming locations in 1994 Los Angeles, from the movie 'Pulp Fiction'.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The French Connection | Then & Now 1971 New York | Filming Locations

The Shining - Then & Now 1980 - Filming Locations​

Back to the Future Filming Locations | Then & Now 1985 Southern California​

Last edited by a moderator:

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

The Fog 1980 Filming Locations - Then & Now...​