Famous Film Locations

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Quote Manfred Furtner - Hello, my name is Manfred, I'm from Germany, and Duell is still one of my favorite movies.
When my wife and I planned a vacation in California for 2018, I began researching locations and tracks for the film.

The result of this trip, I would like to share with you.

Reactions: tented

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Manfred's second Vid , certainly is a fan of the movie and done his research hasn't he -

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is a very well made video. Features all the locations made in Croatia, matching them to the movie, split-screen and close-ups. Available as a 3 parter -

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

A couple of things i wasn't aware was The Texas Chainsaw Massacre was in part a true story:

"The movie was marketed as being a "true story," but it'd be more accurate to say that it was inspired by the real-life crimes of Wisconsin-based murderer and "body snatcher" Ed Gein—otherwise known as "the Butcher of Plainfield." Gein was known for exhuming corpses from graveyards and making mementos with their bones and skin, which clearly served as inspiration for the scene in Texas Chainsaw Massacre when one of the characters stumbles into a room full of furniture made of dead people and then is impaled on a meathook."

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/a23477541/texas-chainsaw-massacre-true-story/

the 1974 original film had a sequel :

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092076/

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Then and Now filming locations in 1955 Los Angeles, California. From the film 'Rebel Without a Cause', starring James Dean and Natalie Wood.

This is brilliantly researched.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hey folks,

Time for another 'Then and Now' comparison vid
When it comes to thrillers of this nature, The Conversation has rarely been matched. It’s mostly very low key, intelligently written and acted, with astute direction and a fairly intense musical score . Am a big fan of this film :yesyes:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Hey folks,

Time for another 'Then and Now' comparison vid
When it comes to thrillers of this nature, The Conversation has rarely been matched. It’s mostly very low key, intelligently written and acted, with astute direction and a fairly intense musical score . Am a big fan of this film :yesyes:

I’m a big fan, too. It gets a little forgotten, coming between Coppola’s first two Godfather films, but The Conversation is a minor masterpiece.

Reactions: Moxie

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I’m a big fan, too. It gets a little forgotten, coming between Coppola’s first two Godfather films, but The Conversation is a minor masterpiece.

That's right.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
a Then and Now location video. Includes shot-for-shot remake on famous car chase scene.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Thanks. Yeah BULLITT is timeless movie and with a great music score too. Certainly agree.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Thanks. Yeah BULLITT is timeless movie and with a great music score too. Certainly agree.

Interestingly the area hasn’t changed a lot since it was filmed. At first this surprised me, then I considered where it was filmed: San Francisco, a city with an intrinsically rigid layout due to its topography. But that’s a huge part of the chase’s success: navigating such difficult streets.
That was fun! Thanks for sharing it.

Reactions: Vince Evert

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Interestingly the area hasn’t changed a lot since it was filmed. At first this surprised me, then I considered where it was filmed: San Francisco, a city with an intrinsically rigid layout due to its topography. But that’s a huge part of the chase’s success: navigating such difficult streets.
That was fun! Thanks for sharing it.

Did you check out the other 'then and now' location vid's i posted including Elvis Presley's King Creole movie?

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Found this rather interesting video. It features, among other things, the original ending to the famous cult film that was filmed daytime but then deleted and re-scripted. Rebel Without a Cause remains timeless.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This next video is from a show "Behind the Camera's" . It includes interviews with the director David Weisbert and some scene rehearsals (check out the fight scene with Dean wearing glasses!).

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
James Dean talks about his character while on the set of Rebel Without a Cause (1954)

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
All the filming locations from Alfred Hitchcock's horror classic, starring Anthony Perkins, Vera Miles and Janet Leigh. Big shout-out to John Eaves for his original photography and research back in 2010, documenting several hard-to-find locations. Visit his fascinating site --- https://johneaves.wordpress.com