European Open 2019, Antwerp, Belgium, ATP 250

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Murray is far away from what he once was. Never will be.
Never liked his attitude on court, but feel a bit sorry for him. Was a hell of a player and was part of some classics against the 3 best ever!
During this era, his success is pretty remarkable .

The most remarkable thing about this match is how easily Humbert's holding serve all of a sudden at love! Murray's glued to a spot watching the winners! As always Murray's way behind the baseline dodging linesmen & ball-boys! It's just ridiculous to watch at times! :whistle:

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
The most remarkable thing about this match is how easily Humbert's holding serve all of a sudden at love! Murray's glued to a spot watching the winners! As always Murray's way behind the baseline dodging linesmen & ball-boys! It's just ridiculous to watch at times! :whistle:
Should have listened to Ivan to play more aggressive and shorten those countless gruelling rallies he played over the years.
He has the talent.

Reactions: Fiero425

AnonymousFan

Major Winner
Reactions
I thought exactly the same. No easy pick for me, but I like Murray more.

I'm picking Wawrinka, expecting it to be like that Murray vs Thiem match. Easy holds for Thiem, not so much for Murray... never felt close.

AnonymousFan

Major Winner
Reactions
Rooting for Andy too! Already 155 in live rankings, a win would vault him into the 120s

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
@herios: If you prefer Stan's game to Andy's, I can respect that. If you prefer Stan as a human being, I question your judgement. As has been mentioned, Andy gets slagged off a lot lately, and I think people forget what a genuinely good person he is. He's a dry but hilariously funny interview, he gives a lot of time to charity (including very quietly to traumatized children,) and it's worth remembering that he suffered his own childhood trauma being in the school in Dunblane when several of his schoolmates were murdered in a mass shooting. Stan, for his part, has a tendency to the petulant, is inconsistent as a player, even before his injuries, and left his wife and baby for a teenaged tennis player. He tried to frame his divorce as "mutually agreed upon," until his wife spoke out and said, no, it was because he was cheating on her. Even Mirka doesn't seem to like him.

I did say to each his own, but if you're choosing based on personalities, I find it surprising that you find Stan more "likable." While Andy can be as scratchy as Scottish wool, Stan is pretty much a self-serving dirtbag.

Reactions: don_fabio

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
@herios: If you prefer Stan's game to Andy's, I can respect that. If you prefer Stan as a human being, I question your judgement. As has been mentioned, Andy gets slagged off a lot lately, and I think people forget what a genuinely good person he is. He's a dry but hilariously funny interview, he gives a lot of time to charity (including very quietly to traumatized children,) and it's worth remembering that he suffered his own childhood trauma being in the school in Dunblane when several of his schoolmates were murdered in a mass shooting. Stan, for his part, has a tendency to the petulant, is inconsistent as a player, even before his injuries, and left his wife and baby for a teenaged tennis player. He tried to frame his divorce as "mutually agreed upon," until his wife spoke out and said, no, it was because he was cheating on her. Even Mirka doesn't seem to like him.

I did say to each his own, but if you're choosing based on personalities, I find it surprising that you find Stan more "likable." While Andy can be as scratchy as Scottish wool, Stan is pretty much a self-serving dirtbag.
Nice summary moxie, I agree with you. This polish b****** is a selfish scumbag.
I don’t like Murray for his on court behaviour, nothing to do with his personality in common. Same for bull. I don’t know much about their social life, and don’t care.

Reactions: Fiero425

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rooting for Andy too! Already 155 in live rankings, a win would vault him into the 120s

He is propelling himself to the top or at least on the way to acomplish that :clap: Hope his hip will be okay, the doctors these days are doing wonders, but is also the will of the player to be back in the top shape. I really admire his effort in this case.

With regards to personality Andy is way over Wawrinka, but Stan in Stanimal mode plays more eye catching tennis.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Murray evens it by taking 2nd set. They seem pretty evenly matched to me.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
OMG, 4 straight breaks, and they're on serve "the hard way," as Brad Gilbert would say.

Reactions: AnonymousFan