Eufemiano Fuentes given one-year prison sentence

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Mastoor said:
Moxie629 said:
Mastoor said:
JesuslookslikeBorg. said:
IF nadal was doping AND there IS a Spanish high level cover up maybe nadal was told "don't worry rafa..we are going to take care of everything and there is no chance of this judge or anyone else getting access to blood bags/ samples so you are safe" :huh:

Where is that thumbs up emoticon when you need it.

Oh, come on. If the cyclists that were being treated by Dr. Fuentes came from Italy and Germany, then why can the tennis players and footballers, if there actually are any, only come from Spain?

I think that everyone agrees the Spanish judge has handled the case poorly, but it's not fair on Spanish tennis players to have them tarnished by that brush.

I have no idea, I am not too much into this, so i mostly make some fun of the situation, but there is a thing or two that i have noticed.

Spanish sportsmen were always excellent in team sports, but they only started winning Euro and world titles in some 8 years or so. That somehow coincides with the success of some Spanish sportsmen in individual sports as well as with Dr Fuentes's illegal activities. is that all by chance or not, I don't want to guess, but from what Brit wrote, I see Fuentes had some involvement with footballers at least.

He also went on the record to say he had tennis players (+ boxers + athletes) among his clients. He didn't specify their nationality though... and some of the cyclists weren't spanish, even if the vast majority were.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Have look at my translation of an article relating to this topic:

http://www.tennisfrontier.com/blogs/moxies-translations/nadal-criticizing-operation-puerto/

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Have look at my translation of an article relating to this topic:

http://www.tennisfrontier.com/blogs/moxies-translations/nadal-criticizing-operation-puerto/

I think the problem with decision of the Madrid judge is two-fold: The guilty get away unpunished and the innocent get tarred with the brush of suspicion. It's a bad decision all around for everybody.

No two ways about it, there is a giant cover-up.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
This dirty scumbag is back in business and suspected to be still active in cycling. Much talk on other tennis forums of whether he's still working with tennis players or if he plans to go back working with his old clients.

http://www.abc.es/deportes/20151015/abci-eufemiano-fuentes-201510142113.html?ns_campaign=APPWA&ns_source=BT&ns_linkname=Bottom&ns_fee=0&ns_mchannel=EM

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Front242 said:
This dirty scumbag is back in business and suspected to be still active in cycling. Much talk on other tennis forums of whether he's still working with tennis players or if he plans to go back working with his old clients.

http://www.abc.es/deportes/20151015/abci-eufemiano-fuentes-201510142113.html?ns_campaign=APPWA&ns_source=BT&ns_linkname=Bottom&ns_fee=0&ns_mchannel=EM

Do you know if he's had any dealings with tennis players recently?

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Doubt anyone does really except insiders so can't really speculate but my guess is if he's helping people in cycling and triathlon as per that link, there's a high possibility he's helping in other sports too as in the past.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
It's kinda mind-boggling that Fuentes is back working in sport. Obviously, only an idiot would sign him up for their team. By the way, Google Chrome generously offered to translate the article:

"Lover danger of self and money, the canary gynecologist, sentenced to one year in prison and four of disqualification in the sport for a crime against public health in view of the Port operation, has not gone."

I'm sure the canaries are fricking sh1tting themselves too... :snicker

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kieran said:
It's kinda mind-boggling that Fuentes is back working in sport. Obviously, only an idiot would sign him up for their team. By the way, Google Chrome generously offered to translate the article:

"Lover danger of self and money, the canary gynecologist, sentenced to one year in prison and four of disqualification in the sport for a crime against public health in view of the Port operation, has not gone."

I'm sure the canaries are fricking sh1tting themselves too... :snicker

:laydownlaughing

A few of my Japanese students will shove their papers and reports into Google Translate and bring me this mangled mumbojumbohumbo to correct and grade. Since 3 or 4 years ago, I have told them I can spot Google Translate a mile away in blizzard conditions so don't even try it or they will suffer a fate worse than a failing grade. :cool:

Anyway, back to this uplifting topic of a thread.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Decision on Operacion Puerto blood bag appeals should be made this month. The result of appeals made against the ordered destruction of almost 200 blood bags seized as part of Operacion Puerto should be made public this month, according to the Telegraph.

In a series of raids, almost 10 years ago, police discovered hundreds of bags of blood, a thousand doses of anabolic steroids and machines to manipulate and transfuse blood, among other doping paraphernalia.

With the case now nearing 10 years old, and WADA’s new 10-year statute of limitations only applying to cases arising from January 2015, there is a chance that any athletes potentially outed by their blood bags may not be banned.

But a WADA spokesman told the Telegraph that its lawyers may look for ways around this.

Read more at http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/decision-on-operacion-puerto-blood-bag-appeals-should-be-made-this-month-206298

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
It's about time...

Operation Puerto: Blood bags in Spanish cycling doping case to be handed over. Won't be expecting much though as I suspect the corrupt Spaniards have tampered with them or removed any juicy ones.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/cycling/36527895

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
They should put Judge Julia who ordered the destruction of blood samples in prison for 7 years for such a poor exercise of judgement. :cover

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
They should put Judge Julia who ordered the destruction of blood samples in prison for 7 years for such a poor exercise of judgement. :cover

On the contrary, for protecting Spanish athletes the judge probably got a payrise and honorary medal from the government :dodgy: Doping wasn't even an offense in Spain till 2006 which shows what they're dealing with. Laughable.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Front242 Other Sports 23