Equestrian sports

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
I noticed every other sport except equestrian sports were covered here & they are among my favourites if you haven't already guessed with me being equine-crazy. Some people think they are cruel to horses but I think that's only true to a certain extent because in most races & in show-jumping horses can refuse however they get penalised for it & a lot of jockeys & show-jumpers don't whip their horses fortunately & some horses love racing & show-jumping & have been well-trained for it. What do you think? We can also discuss different races & events here like dressage, show-jumping, horse-racing & the Grand national. I may even share videos of equestrian events if I feel that way inclined.

Last edited:

Horsa

Reactions
Did anyone else get to see the Badminton Horse trials? I got to see the show-jumping today. The New Zealander Jonelle Price won on Classic Moet.

Horsa

Reactions
Horse-racing starts again next week on Wednesday, albeit done differently because of the coronavirus. Jockeys, grooms and stewards will be wearing face-masks & there'll be no spectators. All races will only be televised with no-one being able to watch it live but still horse-racing will be back.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The Kentucky Derby is just a month and a few weeks away everyone. Always love the horses running for the roses. Of course, y'all even older races over there across the pond, especially turf races.

Reactions: Horsa