Early Roland Garros thread

Who will win it?

• That guy who never got to R32

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • That guy who once won it out of the blue (he is good on that)

• That Italian guy who also beat the guy who always wins but always loses to some other guy

• Buddy guy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm guessing there was a draw when he picked those, or perhaps he only picked the final, they don't say. At this point, his saying what he does means as much as us talking about it. Or me asking my magic 8 ball.

Those are definitely outright bets for the winner based on the odds so they're pretty damn good bets to get right.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
That guy is trying that others should bet to someone else but he will do for Nadal :D

There's no value on betting on Nadal for even money based on his form so far this clay season.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
No one would like to face Garcia Lopez in the first round. Good chance he'll cause a big upset imo, for example: bye bye Zverev. He knocked Wawrinka out in the first round last year. Just noticed he knocked Wawrinka out in the first round in 2014 also.

Last edited:

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
There's no value on betting on Nadal for even money based on his form so far this clay season.
Then that guy should say which player is in the best form but I don´t think he can say it

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Here is the ideal draw for Ralph at RG (I have double checked that this is possible as per the seedings).

1R --- Nick Kyrgios
2R --- Christian Garin
3R --- Stan Wawrinka
4R --- Medvedev (too bad that Fog is not possible here due to him being seeded high).
QF --- Tsitsipas
SF ---- Thiem
F ---- Novak
I don't think you're going to be happy with Rafa's draw. He gets a qualifier, then the winner of 2 qualifiers to start. Kyrgios is in Novak's section. Garin and Wawrinka are in his half (not quarter), and only one of them will come out of a possible early meeting. They, and Tsitsipas are all in the same section as Roger, so he'll only meet one of those 4. Thiem is in Novak's half. You can still hang your hopes on Goffin or Medvedev though. This could be Karma getting you back for being so hateful. :drums:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Those are definitely outright bets for the winner based on the odds so they're pretty damn good bets to get right.
Now that there's a draw, tell us what your man has to say. I think that would be more interesting.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't think you're going to be happy with Rafa's draw. He gets a qualifier, then the winner of 2 qualifiers to start. Kyrgios is in Novak's section. Garin and Wawrinka are in his half (not quarter), and only one of them will come out of a possible early meeting. They, and Tsitsipas are all in the same section as Roger, so he'll only meet one of those 4. Thiem is in Novak's half. You can still hang your hopes on Goffin or Medvedev though. This could be Karma getting you back for being so hateful. :drums:

I agree. It is such a pathetic draw that I am ready to give RG trophy to Ralph right now. If he does not win this one, he has no one else to blame.

Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I agree. It is such a pathetic draw that I am ready to give RG trophy to Ralph right now. If he does not win this one, he has no one else to blame.
It's a Major, he's got 7 matches to play, and we've all discussed that there are multiple possible pit-falls. But fewer of them are in Rafa's way. I told you I was going to laugh when your predictions came back to bite you in the ass, and so here I am. It's not a pathetic draw, it's a draw. And you potentially have Medvedev or Wawrkinka (or Garin,) Tsitsipas is still an option, and either Thiem or Djokovic are both possible finalists. Far from your dream draw, but not a complete walk in the park. Sadly, though, you're going to have to decide if you want Fed to beat Tsitsipas, or if you think the Greek has a better chance v. Rafa in the SFs. That is, if Roger gets that far.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the "LL" count is up to 3 with nick k. pulling out (ooer)...dunno why though, prob too bored with clay to bother.

Reactions: Fiero425

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
It's a Major, he's got 7 matches to play, and we've all discussed that there are multiple possible pit-falls. But fewer of them are in Rafa's way. I told you I was going to laugh when your predictions came back to bite you in the ass, and so here I am. It's not a pathetic draw, it's a draw. And you potentially have Medvedev or Wawrkinka (or Garin,) Tsitsipas is still an option, and either Thiem or Djokovic are both possible finalists. Far from your dream draw, but not a complete walk in the park. Sadly, though, you're going to have to decide if you want Fed to beat Tsitsipas, or if you think the Greek has a better chance v. Rafa in the SFs. That is, if Roger gets that far.
Question..why there's no talk of Roger's potential pitfalls at Wimbledon or Novak's at AO..