Dustin Brown Q&A Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hi guys, I've lined up a Questions and Answers with Dustin Brown.

Dustin is the great entertainer of the ATP tour and has pulled off some famous victories including a couple of big ones against Rafa.

So, fire up some questions and I'll send them over to Dustin to answer in a couple of days!

Reactions: Billie

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I have two proposed questions: first, how does it feel during a rally to strike a ball hit by Nadal versus Feder versus Djokovic and then lesser ranked players? Second, which of the top players is most difficult to play point in and point our for you?

Reactions: Mog and britbox

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
One of the best sets and a half of tennis I ever saw was vs Gasquet last week - you just blasted RG off the court - did you ever play better than that? If so when and where -

Alien

Reactions
This is pretty obvious: all that hair must be weighting a couple of kilos. Sure, it is fashion, your image and could bring some sponsorship (like James Blake lost a USD 1mm in contracts when he became bald) but nevertheless 2kg is a disadvantage. Shouldnt you get rid of it?

Do you use a different strategy than S&V in slower courts ? Your game is very attractive but you maybe one of the last mohicans doing it.

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
Does your abundant mane ever hinder your performance on court?

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I always say the same, when any of those players have beaten to any of the top players (for different circumstances, the top players are human too) are able to win a MS and GS then I will waste my time to talk about them, meanwhile......they have to improve their game a lot more :scratch:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
How do you adapt from playing one match on a big court (Wimbledon centre court for example), and then the next match in an obscure tournament? Is it difficult to sustain your motivation?

Have you experienced a marked change in how people respond to you, and the general level of notoriety since your successes at Wimbledon?

Reactions: Moxie and britbox

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I suppose that at those level/ranked players when they play against a top player of course they have more motivation and nothing to lose taking any risk, if they have a lucky day having a successes shots and serve and their opponents are not able to rise their game at that time (Rafa's case) then they have a 80% to win, anyway they are good players but not enough good to be in the top ten list

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Does he still use his campervan to travel to tournaments?

Reactions: britbox

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
How do you adapt from playing one match on a big court (Wimbledon centre court for example), and then the next match in an obscure tournament? Is it difficult to sustain your motivation?

Have you experienced a marked change in how people respond to you, and the general level of notoriety since your successes at Wimbledon?
I would add, "How does a big upset affect his confidence, going forward?"

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Men--McEnroe or Sampras
Women--Navratilova or Ashley Harkleroad :)

What kind of question is this? I think every male first thought on mentioning Ashley Hackelroad must be "I'd bang her", you can't say that for Navratilova.

Brit, I don't have any intelligent question for Dustin. I know very little about him. Thanks for the invitee anyway. I think that others came up with some very good question.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What kind of question is this? I think every male first thought on mentioning Ashley Hackelroad must be "I'd bang her", you can't say that for Navratilova.

Brit, I don't have any intelligent question for Dustin. I know very little about him. Thanks for the invitee anyway. I think that others came up with some very good question.

That was just me jumping in and answering for no reason other than to post on that. I agree on Martina

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
BB I hope I am not late for this and you didn't send your questions to Dustin still. I was a bit under the weather for the past couple of days. I'll fire up some questions regardless. The members had some really nice ones already.:yahoo:

Favorite hobby/activity off the court?
The highest and lowest points in his tennis career?
Sporting idol/influence in his life?
Favourite tournament, surface, court for him?
Would he like to meet me in Toronto this summer if he is going to be there? :D

Have I ever said how great you are, BB?:yes:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I always say the same, when any of those players have beaten to any of the top players (for different circumstances, the top players are human too) are able to win a MS and GS then I will waste my time to talk about them, meanwhile......they have to improve their game a lot more :scratch:

This is not a question and the thread was asking for questions to be asked of Dustin in an interview.

Reactions: Federberg

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I suppose that at those level/ranked players when they play against a top player of course they have more motivation and nothing to lose taking any risk, if they have a lucky day having a successes shots and serve and their opponents are not able to rise their game at that time (Rafa's case) then they have a 80% to win, anyway they are good players but not enough good to be in the top ten list

This is not a question either.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Great job getting an interview with Dustin, Britbox. He's a very entertaining guy to watch when in form. Maybe ask him since he's still very fit and players are doing well into their 30s now does he intend to focus hard on improving and becoming more consistent ? If he knuckles down on concentrating more in matches he could be deadly but too much clowning around (though thoroughly entertaining I'll admit) like Monfils. The trick shot in his last match, for example, was class but he still lost the match. I'd like to hear from him that he intends to go out there and go for the big wins more.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Describe what it was like to play a legend on Centre Court at Wimbledon.

Status
Not open for further replies.