Djokovic/Nadal Exhibition

lacatch

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
I saw about 10 minutes of highlights from the match this past weekend in Thailand. Nole won 6-4 6-2 in about an hour. I thought that generally exhibitions are a bit "scripted" with good-natured fun, and a close scoreline to entertain the crowd. But in this case, it seems that Novak was in no mood to give Rafa even a whiff that he might be competitive with him. Any thoughts ?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
If that's the case, the fans are the losers. I agree with you, exos are for fun, trick shots, drawing celebs outta the crowd to hit with kids. If either of them took this one seriously, it's a breach of exo etiquette...

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
With Thailand being under the military rule, perhaps they both wanted to get their pay check and get the hell out of the country as soon as possible. :snicker

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Both of them met Prime Minister

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Why is Novak wearing glasses these days? Does he wear contact lenses on court?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Riotbeard said:
Kieran said:
Why is Novak wearing glasses these days? Does he wear contact lenses on court?

No idea!

It's prolly an act, like his fake injuries and fatigue in oz... :snicker

dante1976

Futures Player
Reactions
Well another exhibition is going on right now ;) this time on a atp 500 level :)

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
dante1976 said:
Well another exhibition is going on right now ;) this time on a ATP 500 level :)

That's what I said on the tourney thread; looks more like an exhibition with Rafa all at sea and Nole bored for the most part just crackin' winners from all over the court! This is beginning to be embarrassing for Rafa and his fans! :cover :p :clap :lolz: :snicker :laydownlaughing

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
dante1976 said:
Well another exhibition is going on right now ;) this time on a ATP 500 level :)

That's what I said on the tourney thread; looks more like an exhibition with Rafa all at sea and Nole bored for the most part just crackin' winners from all over the court! This is beginning to be embarrassing for Rafa and his fans! :cover :p :clap :lolz: :snicker :laydownlaughing

The nouveau-Novak fan hath spoken... :cover

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Kieran said:
Fiero425 said:
dante1976 said:

Injury laden, poor Rafa! Is that your track now? :cover :puzzled :rolleyes: :nono :cover :p :violins:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
Kieran said:
Fiero425 said:

Injury laden, poor Rafa! Is that your track now? :cover :puzzled :rolleyes: :nono :cover :p :violins:

Rafa is my track, as always. Yours, however, is open to negotiation... ;) :popcorn :cover :dodgy:

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I am too distracted to read the posts because all the delightful and fun emoticons all over my screen.