Djokovic Fans thread

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Thanks for sharing. Nadal looks a bit fitter but still vulnerable not enough power and length in his shots.

It is only an exhibition, Nole looked OK after a break. He probably need more matches to get into playing mode. Hard to tell with Nadal, we’ll see next week.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
So I couldn’t watch this live, but here is the full exhibition match if somebody is interested. Rafa and Nole didn’t take it too seriously, normally, but they didn’t goof off that much either.

Rafa was lucky No1e didn’t go for double love

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Nole getting a chance to play alongside his youngest brother. It must be special to share this with your sibling

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nole getting a chance to play alongside his youngest brother. It must be special to share this with your sibling

that is SO nice. while it is sure that DJOLE has had to make his own career — and on his own abilities and merits — and of course RAISE himself to his older , now-legendary , brother’s standards before being able to ”team-up” – it is STILL a verynice thing to see that NOLE has cared so much abotu seeing his younger brother’s own path come on its own.
NOLE shows he KNOWS that he has a responsbility as the older brother to be a worthy of his sibling’s admiration and inspiration.

they are one heck of a family.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
that is SO nice. while it is sure that DJOLE has had to make his own career — and on his own abilities and merits — and of course RAISE himself to his older , now-legendary , brother’s standards before being able to ”team-up” – it is STILL a verynice thing to see that NOLE has cared so much abotu seeing his younger brother’s own path come on its own.
NOLE shows he KNOWS that he has a responsbility as the older brother to be a worthy of his sibling’s admiration and inspiration.

they are one heck of a family.

Absolutely agree, teddytennisfan. They love each other and respect each other very much. Nole has always taken them under his wing ever since they were kids, he helped his parents with younger siblings always. I don’t know if you read an interview with Nole after his 1st round match, they did ask him about the doubles and he said that Marko will not pursue his tennis career anymore and Djordje is going to see for a little bit and if nothing comes of it, he will probably stop trying as well.

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
although i did not catch nole’s remarks — i always felt that in time the younger ones will not pursue it further.
they can understand now that what their older brother has done is NOT necessarily going to be the career for them and it’s VERY , very difficult to reach a stage of accomplishment as he has — not just for them — for thousands across the world. and that is being realistic.

i am also SURE that NOLE has already promised his parents that no matter what — HE will make sure the family — including his siblings — are taken care of to have good foundations for their own futures and lives . IT JUST is so OBVIOUS with the kind of person he is.
and i think that he and the family just wanted the siblings to at least have THEIR shot at a career , play to the best of their abilities — and then have the SPACE to decide if it is really what they want after seeing from nole what it all takes…
and THEN nole is there for them – whether it’s for school or for them to go to for help when they really need it.

NOLE — i am certain — while not going to ”spoil” them or be just a ”bank” — is just the kind of brother that they can have the confidence that so long as they TRY their best in their own lives — be it in school, or another career or their own endeavors — that when they have need of his help HE will be there for them . that HE will be THEIR protector IF they ever find themselves wioth challenges they can not overcome by themselves.

that’s just NOLE.

A TRULY kind-hearted person.

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
i actually — seriously — want to see him become PRESIDENT of SERBIA some day!

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
i actually — seriously — want to see him become PRESIDENT of SERBIA some day!

Oh no, I don’t want that for him. I am pretty sure he said he wouldn’t go into politics anyway.

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
GERARD DEPARDIEU — the famed french-born actor that was this year given russian citizenship after he decided to abandon his french citizenship — is being asked by SERBIA to help serbia promote its image abroad…as depardieu has expressed admiration for ::””this small but GREAT country, a country of culture and great accomplishments”.

:).

NOLE will be pleased – and so will ana, viktor, and the others.

mage Abroad
Society
20:24 04.09.2014Get short URL
Serbian Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic has asked French actor Gerard Depardieu to help promote Serbia abroad, local media reported Thursday.

MOSCOW, September 4 (RIA Novosti) – Serbian Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic has asked French actor Gerard Depardieu to help promote Serbia abroad, local media reported Thursday.

“I am particularly happy that Mr. Depardieu has shown great respect towards Serbia and Serbian history, and in a way towards Serbian politics,” Vucic is quoted as saying by Serbian broadcaster B92.

Vucic and Depardieu spoke to reporters following their meeting in Belgrade on Thursday. The French actor stated that he is visiting Serbia in order to explore its culture. “It’s a great country – a small but great country when it comes to history and culture,” he said.

The minister thanked Depardieu for his visit and said that he had asked the actor to promote Serbia abroad, though they were yet to make a firm agreement, B92 reports.

Depardieu told reporters he was happy that Serbia had decided not to follow the EU’s lead and has not imposed sanctions on Russia.

When asked about the Ukrainian crisis, and the actor replied that he believes the situation will be peacefully resolved by the Russian President Vladimir Putin, but stated that he is “an artist and has not been invited to comment on it”, B92 writes.

French Actor Gerard Depardieu received Russian citizenship in January 2013 after President Vladimir Putin used his personal authority to award it to him. Depardieu announced that he would give up his French passport in late 2012 over the French government’s planned tax increases.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
A neat short animated movie about Nole from one of his fans, for her school assignment:

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Nice thanks for sharing. Nadal is left handed, only minor comment I would have.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Nice thanks for sharing. Nadal is left handed, only minor comment I would have.

I think Zuzanna concentrated mostly on Nole. This was created months ago and Nole saw it. Within days she was invited to Wimbledon to watch Nole and I think she started working with their media relations team as well. She posts on Facebook, in one of Nole fans groups.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I bet Nole’ll do the hat trick : Bercy + Masters