Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Audio Tape...

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Honestly, this is the most surreal thing you'll encounter this weekend. I won't say anything, just listen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhT6d5fMhzI

Wow...

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The owner sounded drunk and the GF was steering the conversation, for what I can imagine was financial gain.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
britbox said:
The owner sounded drunk and the GF was steering the conversation, for what I can imagine was financial gain.

Might be the case, but it doesn't change much.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Crazy old timer. Only question is whether this is legit or not.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
britbox said:

Maybe not for you. For me, she comes off even worse than him.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
britbox said:

Well she looks like a hot 30 something year old with an 80 year old owner, I'd imagine the whole relationship is all about financial gain. But regardless, even if she steered the conversation it doesn't matter how drunk he is, the statements are ridiculous. And the guy owns an NBA team, I'd love to see how the Clippers do if they field an all white team.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
britbox said:
Broken_Shoelace said:
britbox said:

She comes off pretty terrible. In the eyes of the public though, she's not the owner of an NBA team so that makes a difference. His comments, drunk or not, steered by a money-hungry girlfriend or not, are absolutely disgusting. And if she did indeed steer the conversation, it's likely due to a historical precedent. So I'll go ahead and think this is not the first time he said something similar, and it wasn't the alcohol that planted these ideas in his head.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
DarthFed said:
And the guy owns an NBA team, I'd love to see how the Clippers do if they field an all white team.

Maybe then we'll finally learn the true ethnicity of Blake Griffin!

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
britbox said:
Broken_Shoelace said:
britbox said:

Guess it depends on what disturbs you more, a gold digger vs. a hypocritical bigot. In this country I find the latter worse.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sure it makes a difference because it's now on public record... but if you recorded many private conversations between people in power when they are assuming it's a private personal conversation and put those conversations in the public domain then the world could probably barely function due to the "outrage" they would generate.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
britbox said:

It was obvious that she was steering the conversation. His speech was slurred and he was either on drugs or inebriated.

His responses are utterly repugnant.

At the same time, it would seem he has the expectation of privacy, and has the right to feel the way he does and to express himself in his own home.

There are recordings of songs by noted rap groups publicly sharing their hatred and spewing their venom - and people download the songs by the millions. That kind of language is also utterly repugnant to me, but some call it "art".

It will be interesting to see what the NBA does based on a recording that was probably made illegally.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:
britbox said:
Broken_Shoelace said:
britbox said:

Guess it depends on what disturbs you more, a gold digger vs. a hypocritical bigot. In this country I find the latter worse.

If you talk to most people two or three generations older than yourselves, most come across "bigoted" by modern descriptions.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
britbox said:
Sure it makes a difference because it's now on public record... but if you recorded many private conversations between people in power when they are assuming it's a private personal conversation and put those conversations in the public domain then the world could probably barely function due to the "outrage" they would generate.

True, but again, it honestly doesn't change much. People SHOULD be outraged over this.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
britbox said:

True, but again, it honestly doesn't change much. People SHOULD be outraged over this.

I am outraged of course for what he said, but also for a gold-digging wench that felt her 15 minutes of fame would come by selling a tape to TMZ

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
britbox said:
DarthFed said:
britbox said:
Broken_Shoelace said:
britbox said:

If you talk to most people two or three generations older than yourselves, most come across "bigoted" by modern descriptions.

I'm well aware but some people evolve. This geezer is still in the 60's and what makes it more ridiculous is that he is DATING a minority and making millions through his NBA team that has 1 white guy on it.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Too many things are wrong with this picture:

-We have a gold digger who is bored with just shopping and wants more fame
-We have an old white man who makes millions off of predominantly black sport that actually hates them.
-By the same token, there is a huge invasion of privacy.

What is the hierarchy here as far as importance of issues are concerned?

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:
britbox said:
DarthFed said:
britbox said:
Broken_Shoelace said:

I'm well aware but some people evolve. This geezer is still in the 60's and what makes it more ridiculous is that he is DATING a minority and making millions through his NBA team that has 1 white guy on it.

He's 81 mate. Maybe he will evolve but don't bet your house on it.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
britbox said:
DarthFed said:
britbox said:
DarthFed said:
britbox said:

He's 81 mate. Maybe he will evolve but don't bet your house on it.

Oh yes, far too late for that, just the hypocrisy of it all is what is dumbfounding. He must be a complicated little old man.