tented

Administrator
Reactions
  • Angry
Reactions: Jelenafan

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I read yesterday that some land owners in the affected areas are already getting offers for their properties from wealthy investors.
I hear Oprah is one of those wealthy opportunists. Whether it's true or not, I can't tell you how much my estimation of her has dropped after (1) the Neverland nonsense (2) Harry & Meghan...

PS, and that was after overlooking all those shows of hers where women who cheated were supported by the audience as they blamed their partners for their own actions. While attacking men who cheated. That always used to infuriate me! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I hear Oprah is one of those wealthy opportunists. Whether it's true or not, I can't tell you how much my estimation of her has dropped after (1) the Neverland nonsense (2) Harry & Meghan...

PS, and that was after overlooking all those shows of hers where women who cheated were supported by the audience as they blamed their partners for their own actions. While attacking men who cheated. That always used to infuriate me! :face-with-tears-of-joy:
Well Oprah on the Harry/Meghan was what she does, love her or hate her, that type of one on one erstaz “intimate” interviews are her bread & butter, her sweet spot. In the states its almost like of course Oprah would snag that Interview.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I read yesterday that some land owners in the affected areas are already getting offers for their properties from wealthy investors.
In Croatia if the agricultural land catches fire you can later get permission to build on it. No wonder there has been lots of fires over the years...new houses and villas appear seemingly out of nowhere.

• Wow
Reactions: tented

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

Is she a comedian? Seriously, she’s serious?! People like her make me hope the climate alarmists are right so I’d get to watch her fade away from all them ‘gasolated’ electric fumes..

:lulz1:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
In Sicily too, a lot of the fires are the result of arson…
The Greek fires were arson, fires in Spain, Portugal and Tenerife also. Can't stand the constant lies with mainstream media to push their agendas. "Wildfires". At least in Canada they have actual wildfires from lightning strikes in forests but some amount of dishonesty in the "news". Might as well rename it the lies.

Also what kind of complete scumbag does this to nature? Death penalty wouldn't go astray imo and lengthy jail time for the "news" for their lies.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
The Greek fires were arson, fires in Spain, Portugal and Tenerife also. Can't stand the constant lies with mainstream media to push their agendas. "Wildfires". At least in Canada they have actual wildfires from lightning strikes in forests but some amount of dishonesty in the "news". Might as well rename it the lies.

Also what kind of complete scumbag does this to nature? Death penalty wouldn't go astray imo and lengthy jail time for the "news" for their lies.
The Sicilian mafia have been tagged there. There’s a few things going on in the region that are even disrupting flights into Catania, and they’re tied to the mafia.

But yeah, the whole agenda thing is what makes me sceptical about the most alarmist claims about the climate. The fact that so many of the worst players in it are far left loons make me go, mm’kay…

Reactions: Front242

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
1693576803294.jpeg

1693576834396.jpeg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
This blows my mind…

Check this statistic I heard today at an exclusive roundtable event at Imperial:

1 ton of Brazilian chicken breast in the chiller of a British supermarket has a carbon footprint of 2 tons.

1 ton of British chicken breast in the chiller of a British supermarket has a carbon footprint of 3 tons

• Wow
Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
This blows my mind…

Check this statistic I heard today at an exclusive roundtable event at Imperial:

1 ton of Brazilian chicken breast in the chiller of a British supermarket has a carbon footprint of 2 tons.

1 ton of British chicken breast in the chiller of a British supermarket has a carbon footprint of 3 tons
How is that even possible?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Here’s an interesting article about Greta, who only needs a first name to be recognised. I always admired Greta, while despising the cynical actors behind her. She was a kid. We shouldn’t be listening to kids, and when we see the flak she received from the right, we shouldn’t try to pretend that she’s not been deliberately placed in the political octagon as a front for landscape changing political ideas, and that this is where political violence is the norm. She had to take that, because that’s how it is. Her parents and the adults she represented are as responsible for any damage there.

But she was also a precocious and impressive kid, highly intelligent, ferociously brave, and she inspired a lot of other young people, even if it was only to be activists. I think activists are ruining more or less everything, but I wouldn’t hold her responsible for that. She was a kid.

The article takes an interesting view on why adults reneged on their responsibility and put their hopes and lives at the service of a kid. It’s neither critical of Greta, nor does it agree with her. It’s more about the effect she had on adults, and modern adult thinking regarding kids:

We need to free Greta Thunberg

The interesting questions, then, are not about her, but about us. In particular, why is there an apparently increasing tendency for adults to identify uncritically with the concerns of children and teens? This is not a question about why many of us care about the environment, or why we worry about what to do about climate change or the fate of future generations. We may even reach roughly the same conclusions as Thunberg, after some thought. The question is more about why some of us ever wanted to switch off our brains and let a 15-year-old do the thinking and feeling for us….

No doubt the question is overdetermined, but I think one answer is this: by means of an adult’s elaborate psychological identifications with a childish and simplistic worldview, he advertises to the wider world how babyish, harmless and ultimately blameless he is too. In other words, it’s a good way to rid yourself of felt responsibility and guilt, either for the state of the planet or anything else.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Federberg World Affairs 37