Cincinnati 2014: Western and Southern open

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
Fefe26 said:
did she really tell her to check her blood pressure?

Yes she did! But indirectly, facing the chair umpire. More than once I might add.

They even showed slow motion of it!

Just now, Chrissie kept complaining about the level of tennis, so the ladies did a great point that Ana won.

Masha has been rubbing her shoulder at times, she has a bunch of Double Faults this set, double faulted the game away, serving at 5-4

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
And Maria keeps harping on the chair to "check her blood pressure." That's a bit puny.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
And frosty it was, but good on Ana! What a load of drama!!

Fefe26

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
yyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaayyyyy ana! Serena better bring her A game tomorrow.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
So does Ana have anything left in the tank for Serena or do we think Serena takes this? I am going to go with Serena, but I hope she plays better than she did today.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm happy for Ana. I think losing this one would have been crushing. Maria will survive, because she really didn't play so well in the match.

Fefe26

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Darn Kui, sounds like i miss the good part of the match.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Fefe26 said:
yyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaayyyyy ana! Serena better bring her A game tomorrow.

I think Serena will have to play better, but I am not sure Ana will have a lot left in her tank I mean this was pretty much a 3 hour match.

colleen66

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
What a roller coster of a match!! It goes without saying that Maria needs to cut down on her double-faults and have a plan B when the shriek & bash game plan does not work. Congrats to Ana, even though she tried her best to give Maria this match. I'm glad that she over-came her "illness" and finally held serve in the third set.

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
I'm happy for Ana. I think losing this one would have been crushing. Maria will survive, because she really didn't play so well in the match.

Me too...I wouldn't even call Maria's 2nd set win a comeback, it was more Ana's letdown, because as you said that was not Maria's A game or A attitude for that matter:(

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
golds girl said:
Moxie629 said:

Me too...I wouldn't even call Maria's 2nd set win a comeback, it was more Ana's letdown, because as you said that was not Maria's A game or A attitude for that matter:(

Yes, I think that's fair, but Maria will always get credit for fight. What an amazing match.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
colleen66 said:
What a roller coster of a match!! It goes without saying that Maria needs to cut down on her double-faults and have a plan B when the shriek & bash game plan does not work. Congrats to Ana, even though she tried her best to give Maria this match. I'm glad that she over-came her "illness" and finally held serve in the third set.

I have to officially call this one the "Blood Pressure Match".
:snigger

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This match was entertaining in part because of the errors from both players, which made it a roller-coaster. I do not mind watching matches like this.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kiu said:
colleen66 said:

Maria continued to insinuate. Was she really bothered by that brief stop in the second set?

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
atttomole said:
Kiu said:
colleen66 said:

Maria continued to insinuate. Was she really bothered by that brief stop in the second set?

It was actually the beginning of the 3rd set, Ana held serve the first game, she was ahead 1-0 and Maria was serving at 15-15

I have the finals thread/Poll ready.
http://www.tennisfrontier.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2835

Calvy

Masters Champion
Reactions
I believe Ana is that tougher match for Serena anyway.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
I can understand why Maria would be upset as it was in the midst of her serving game.

Yes, but Ana was still leading, and Maria won that game, anyway, right? If it had come later, it might have looked dicier.