China Open Beijing 2014

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
mugu mugu :nono 5 set points were enough?.. she just wants to cry because of all her UFEs
so fragile mentally today but won 1st set 7-6 somehow.
She must hold that wild horse she has inside, its killing her. More control and she is top ten easy.

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Si Si Simona said:
Makarova doesnt give any pace on the ball same as Aga plays, and Mugu looks hopeless without using her opponent's pace.

But it's an interesting match. Mugu got the first set - hard fought - 10-8 in the tiebreak after 1h and 7 min. I can recommend this match.

Vinci vs Shvedova is a very uneven match playwise so each a set.

Stosur seems to have found a bit of her game so up a set and broken Schiavone again. So Stosur got the first win of the day 64 62.

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
Mugu feels so frustrated at start of 2nd set even if she won the 1st.
She beat Simo and thought she gone take the WTA by storm, and then came Makarova with her style and threw cold water on her :D
If mugu doesnt bring mental toughness, this match will look like a slow death to her.

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
hoergren said:
Si Si Simona said:
Makarova doesnt give any pace on the ball same as Aga plays, and Mugu looks hopeless without using her opponent's pace.

But it's an interesting match. Mugu got the first set - hard fought - 10-8 in the tiebreak after 1h and 7 min. I can recommend this match.

Vinci vs Shvedova is a very uneven match playwise so each a set.

Stosur seems to have found a bit of her game so up a set and broken Schiavone again.

these 3 matches are just a warm up before the real match between the slicer and petko :D
This will be the best fun of the day with two runners and two very feisty players with crazy shots ;)

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
I want mugu to win the 3rd but I predict Maka to win it. She has the experience and the calmer nerves.
A Mugu win will be a win for tennis ;) Poor Mugu will kill herself if she loses because she knows she lost the match only because of herself.

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
The Serial Slicer breaks Petko to luv in the first game :laydownlaughing :wow:
Monica plays on the moon.... who are those earth creatures? She doesnt care about them. She s l i c e s them :D
won 7 wta matches in a row until today. she went nuts

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
Mugu - Maka is insane match. its 5-4 maka 3rd set and both girls want to cry. They cant hold their serve and its just by luck but Maka has the calmness and the experience.
Poor Mugu, she should win this easy with a proper mental toughness and more experience.

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
A real painful lose to Mugu. She must toughen up mentally, so fragile.
She even had a break point at 5-4, easy high ball to backhand, and just threw it out because of her nerves.
I hope she wont become another Kanepi or Safarova, players with great skill who cant win anything big because of their nerves.
She is crying now for sure. Makarova also, she was in almost the same mental state. Never seen Makarova crying in the past.

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
Petko served 6 times until now and was broken in 5 of them :laydownlaughing
6-2 2-1 for Moni. she went bananas :) She may play Simona in R3 !

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Si Si Simona said:
Monica lost 3 match points :( 1-1 in sets now. great matches today, the mugu and monica matches are drama.

Petko's worst enemy is herself and Monica's high balls she's a lot of problems with - see if she has most steam left in third set.

Errani played a good first set and now suddenly she's behind 04 in second - what goes wrong inside her head?

Maria has more troubles with Kaia than I think she expected - on serve but --

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
hoergren said:
Si Si Simona said:
Monica lost 3 match points :( 1-1 in sets now. great matches today, the mugu and monica matches are drama.

Petko's worst enemy is herself and Monica's high balls she's a lot of problems with - see if she has most steam left in third set.

Errani played a good first set and now suddenly she's behind 04 in second - what goes wrong inside her head?

Maria has more troubles with Kaia than I think she expected - on serve but --

When Kaia is on form she is very dangerous.
Btw, I will not be here during the Simona match because of other commitments so you are all spared and relieved of my madness ;)

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Petko finally makes it to second round after a fascinating match to watch. Must be good to win a match where you make a lot of errors and wow what a lot of breaks - congrats to Petko:clap

Now we'll see if Sara is making it - she's big troubles with Nara. Both has a set and it's on serve 43 to Nara in the third. Well Errani didn't manage to win. COngrats to Nara.