Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sad (but expected and logical) news for Nadal's fans

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
^ A bit optimistic to hope he gets another 18 slams methinks :p
He is already trailing Roger. After Roger turned 28, he won only 2 more slams, for now. And after 29, he won only one.
Until proven otherwise, slams at 30+ are an anomaly, as you mentioned before.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^Very true. It's very easy to make projections ad infinitum. We Fed fans were guilty of it at Rogers peak. But all good things come to an end. Do I think Rafa can get to 17? Absolutely! But success can end suddenly. I hope to see Rafa competing for years to come, but people need to be realistic

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
federberg said:
^Very true. It's very easy to make projections ad infinitum. We Fed fans were guilty of it at Rogers peak. But all good things come to an end. Do I think Rafa can get to 17? Absolutely! But success can end suddenly. I hope to see Rafa competing for years to come, but people need to be realistic

Just read a BBC article, stating this current injury could be just a testament that his body starts to fail. Is not his knees anymore, but the rest of his body start to suffer the consequences (back also this year), of his style of play.
It is getting harder to be optimistic about his future career.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
herios said:
federberg said:

Just read a BBC article, stating this current injury could be just a testament that his body starts to fail. Is not his knees anymore, but the rest of his body start to suffer the consequences (back also this year), of his style of play.
It is getting harder to be optimistic about his future career.

He certainly destroyed his poor body all over the years. Toni suggested him to play and train less but he refused. He should have known better and protect his work's tool
Not sure it's a clever way to manage his career but it's his business after all : he has the right to act this way

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm not sure that his right wrist is injured because of anything other than bad luck, maybe bad timing on a shot. He'd have much more wear and tear on his left wrist. It's a cliche to blame Rafa for his own injuries, but there are other players with far less physical games than him who pick up knocks, and worse.

He's been unlucky this year, with the back in Oz and now this... :nono

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Agreed, an injury to the off wrist is hardly the result of his physical game. That's more a freakish thing. Now if he hurt his left wrist that'd be a different story and given the unworldly spin he puts on the ball it's pretty impressive that he hasn't had any problems with it.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
could be rafa might have hurt his wrist after years of repeatedly reaching round his @rse and pulling his panties out of his bottom.

repetitive strain injury..then it was weakened until finally it went on a normal shot in training...or more bum rummage y-front action.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran said:
I'm not sure that his right wrist is injured because of anything other than bad luck, maybe bad timing on a shot. He'd have much more wear and tear on his left wrist. It's a cliche to blame Rafa for his own injuries, but there are other players with far less physical games than him who pick up knocks, and worse.

He's been unlucky this year, with the back in Oz and now this... :nono

True, and it's very hard to critique rafa's choices as they seem to have worked. 14 slams, etc.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa is still training furiously at home, hopefully using the frustrated energy if the last few weeks to store up vengeance. I'm thinking that when he comes back, GSM might be correct (after all;)) that maybe the enforced absence will benefit Rafa in the later season tourneys. I'm earmarking the WTF but I'm really hoping he's sensible and keeps some for Oz, which is what it's all about, really...

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
^ I was reading that Rafa and his team are hopeful he might return for the Asian Swing? that remains to be seen.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
fashionista said:
^ I was reading that Rafa and his team are hopeful he might return for the Asian Swing? that remains to be seen.

I had an ill feeling about this year while watching the horror that was the Oz final. He was barely fit since then. I hope you're right about the Asian swing, there's a lot of points there, to be defended, and gained...

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
fashionista said:

I had an ill feeling about this year while watching the horror that was the Oz final. He was barely fit since then. I hope you're right about the Asian swing, there's a lot of points there, to be defended, and gained...

Agree with you regarding the Oz final......:cry

I dont want Rafa to rush back until he is 100% healthy

Anyway I will be rewatching the USO last year...at least I can have something to smile about....;)

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
fashionista said:
Kieran said:
fashionista said:

Agree with you regarding the Oz final......:cry

I dont want Rafa to rush back until he is 100% healthy

Anyway I will be rewatching the USO last year...at least I can have something to smile about....;)

Yeah, I'll take a break during this years event - not hugely interested, without a dog in the race - and rewatch the glory of last year - especially the third set... :clap

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Front was labelled (among other things) a racist, a troll, a Nadal-hater, a liar and all manner of names last week and now he's being asked if he's on medication.

There was one rule we've asked for posters to follow - do not name specific players as dopers.

Front hasn't done this since he was asked not to, so give up on the personal attacks.

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
Even though I hate Nadal, I don't wish injury on anyone. Any Major without Nadal is actually boring. It's pretty pathetic, but it seems as iph I need someone to hate more than I need someone to like. Anti-Murray it is, then!

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
I. Haychew said:
Even though I hate Nadal, I don't wish injury on anyone. Any Major without Nadal is actually boring. It's pretty pathetic, but it seems as iph I need someone to hate more than I need someone to like. Anti-Murray it is, then!

You are so charming.......:p As long as you don't pick Nole to hate...we are OK:laydownlaughing

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
Billie said:
I. Haychew said:

You are so charming.......:p As long as you don't pick Nole to hate...we are OK:laydownlaughing

I like No1e. I'd be phine with either him or Phederer winning the 2014 US Open. I'd prepher that Phabio, or Youzhny, or Anderson win...But, I'm somewhat realistic.