Breaking - Rafa injured, out of Rogers Cup, Cincy, USO

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
I. Haychew said:
Billie said:
I. Haychew said:
Even though I hate Nadal, I don't wish injury on anyone. Any Major without Nadal is actually boring. It's pretty pathetic, but it seems as iph I need someone to hate more than I need someone to like. Anti-Murray it is, then!

You are so charming.......:p As long as you don't pick Nole to hate...we are OK:laydownlaughing

I like No1e. I'd be phine with either him or Phederer winning the 2014 US Open. I'd prepher that Phabio, or Youzhny, or Anderson win...But, I'm somewhat realistic.

Ha ha...you have to like Nole....otherwise Mrs would kick you out of the bedroom.:lolz:

You know I will be cheering for your guys as well, imagine Fabio making it to Federer and beating him?

Wow I will have to flag this post myself as a spam...darn it I can never keep my thoughts on the subject...sorrrrrry

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
Billie said:
I. Haychew said:
Billie said:
I. Haychew said:
Even though I hate Nadal, I don't wish injury on anyone. Any Major without Nadal is actually boring. It's pretty pathetic, but it seems as iph I need someone to hate more than I need someone to like. Anti-Murray it is, then!

You are so charming.......:p As long as you don't pick Nole to hate...we are OK:laydownlaughing

I like No1e. I'd be phine with either him or Phederer winning the 2014 US Open. I'd prepher that Phabio, or Youzhny, or Anderson win...But, I'm somewhat realistic.

Ha ha...you have to like Nole....otherwise Mrs would kick you out of the bedroom.:lolz:

You know I will be cheering for your guys as well, imagine Fabio making it to Federer and beating him?

Wow I will have to flag this post myself as a spam...darn it I can never keep my thoughts on the subject...sorrrrrry

No comment on the bedroom thing. Regarding the US Open...Like I said, I'm somewhat realistic. Iph Phabio is somehow lucky enough to make it to Phederer...he dephinitely ain't beating him.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Was there an announcement about when Rafa might be back? I didn't see it anywhere, but I really didn't have time to look.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Billie said:
Was there an announcement about when Rafa might be back? I didn't see it anywhere, but I really didn't have time to look.

OK, once in every 100 posts we go back to original topic. There is no official announcement.
However, I expect him to play in Beijing, Shanghai, Basel, Bercy and London for the rest of
the year.

However, I would advise him to switch to Tokyo instead of Beijing as Novak will be
there. First tourney, after coming back you want an easy field to get some confidence.

Tokyo pays less money than Beijing. But, he has so much money that he should not
make his decision based on that.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Billie said:

last I heard he still felt pain when he tried to rally/hit the 2hbh after his 2wks+ of having that cast on..so as of now he is in limbo at the moment I think. :huh: I fear the timeline will slip and he potential comeback date is a movable feast..hoping it doesn't developpp into a del potro type saga. :huh:

his camp are staying positive but they always are. so I don't hold much by that.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Thank you both for answering, so it remains to be announced. Well let's hope it is nothing serious and nothing like poor Delpo. Skipping USO will give him an additional month to heal and prepare for the fall season. If that is not enough, then we might think that the injury is more serious than it looks like now. Hopefully not.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
There hasn't been any official announcement as yet,when Rafa will return

I did read earlier today that Rafa and his team are targeting the Asian Swing when he will return,still that remains to be seen.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Taking a bit of extra caution didn't hurt anybody as far as I know. They don't want to be misdiagnosed or further damage the injured part. It is not easy to decide. My Janko played the whole last year with an injured foot and was misdiagnosed for months. Then he couldn't play anymore and tried therapies, that didn't help, so he ended up having a surgery. Who knows when he will be back on court.:cry At least he has his baby girl to enjoy during this time.:heart:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah, the diagnosis needs to be clear and let's hope it is. I'm heartened that he's out there practicing but then, why wouldn't he? His left wrist is fine. I don't know much about the nature of this injury but can only trust that since he was hoping to play the USO that full health isn't a million miles away. Of course, we sat through these discussions in 2012 as well... :nono

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I. Haychew said:

This is why I love your posts - you hate Rafa, like to watch him gives you hives, but tennis without him lacks the big draw, the whiff of danger, and drama and grunt and stink of sexiness and raw animal teeth-baring physicality.

Why not just come on over here to the light side, and enjoy him while you can? :snigger

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
fashionista said:

I did read earlier today that Rafa and his team are targeting the Asian Swing when he will return,still that remains to be seen.

He's supposed to play in China but indoor season isn't the best for him. hope Nadal's fans don't expect some great results there even if he''ll be less tired than others players

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
This could be a great opportunity for a rested Rafa to win the year-end championship. Perhaps that will give the tournament more credibility to fanboys.. :D

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I moved the most recent posts which had nothing to do with the actual topic of this thread to the Chat Bar:

http://www.tennisfrontier.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=926

NOTHING WAS DELETED.

You can continue the meta-discussions there.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
isabelle said:
fashionista said:

He's supposed to play in China but indoor season isn't the best for him. hope Nadal's fans don't expect some great results there even if he''ll be less tired than others players

Just for the sake of clarity, because there was a lot of confusion last year and it might happen again:

The Asian swing is not indoor, except Kuala Lumpur

The indoor season starts after the Asian swing and is exclusively in Europe.