Boxing

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I thought Hagler won the fight - at the very least a draw. Leonard overachieved based on expectations, had the crowd, and worked the audience.
Yeah I think so. It was too close a call for them to take away a champs title. And I liked Leonard but this seemed like a corporate decision rather than a fair one..

Reactions: britbox

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yeah I think so. It was too close a call for them to take away a champs title. And I liked Leonard but this seemed like a corporate decision rather than a fair one..
Kind of what I thought. Different fight if you turn the commentary off and look at scoring punches. Landing shots on the arms don't count. Still, it was close and I would never call it a robbery given some of the other ridiculous decisions in boxing. Leonard fought a great fight... just not in my eyes, enough to win.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Another one of the greatest fights ever. Chavez v Taylor. I liked both of these fighters. Taylor stopped in the last round, with seconds left (ahead on points) and never the same again. Quite a sad story with Taylor.

This is a good documentary if you like boxing and have an hour to spare.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Other Sports 1
B Other Sports 24
JasonNorin Other Sports 6
Kieran Other Sports 1
britbox Other Sports 3