Best Female Vocalists

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
There is obviously no right or wrong with this... all down to personal choice... but throw down some great female vocalists.  Youtube links re good... All you have to do is copy the URL and it embeds the video.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Great female vocalists?  Well, I see my angel Karen Carpenter has already been mentioned, along with noone's gettin' fat 'cept Mama Cass.  To add to the list, though, I would be remiss without adding the wondrous and gorgeous Linda Ronstadt and the all time great and moving Jo Stafford--the song queen of the Forties and Fifties.  her version of "The Nearness of You" is one of the finest vocals, male or female, I have ever heard, and then there is "Haunted Heart", "Moonlight in Vermont" and a host of others.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Ah, Grace Slick - I like her too.

Probably better remembered these days for her songs during the Starship era (although she personally never liked those songs with Mickey Thomas, the later lead singer as the band didn't write them). I liked them though:

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
@britbox Grace was, as people can expect during those times, a bit on the wild side. Grace Slick Somebody to Love A Rock-And-Roll Memoir is a nice book about those times, if interested. :good:

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Barbra Streisand, Grace Slick, Chrissie Hynde, Marianne Faithfull

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
ha ha. I see we think alike.

Karen carpenter is my top pick. second is Agnetha (Abba). I cant find anybody that is better than these two.

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
Celine Dion, Cher, Whitney Houston. Others have already been mentioned & I'll tell you my very favourite when I can share a video.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Why aren't our videos showing up in the posts, @britbox? I checked the thread for Videos and they are fine there.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Why aren't our videos showing up in the posts, @britbox? I checked the thread for Videos and they are fine there.
Hi Billie,

When I transferred all the posts from the old system it saved the web addresses as text rather than hyperlinks. I have to click edit and then save on each post for the hyperlink to regenerate and show the embedded video. I'm making my way through them slowly. Also, some of the Quotes show numbers rather than the poster name - another thing I fix as I go along. If you come across a thread that comprises several videos not showing then let me know and I'll revisit it. This one should be fixed up now. Cheers,BB

Reactions: Billie

Horsa

Reactions
This is my favourite singer. She's a Scottish singer who also sings Irish & country songs. My favourite is the Ballad of Glencoe as it always called to me. I later found out most of my ancestors were friends of the McDonald's of Glencoe & foes of the Campbell's. I love the sound of bagpipes.

Horsa

Reactions
I tried to share an album & used the link for the album. Why is only the song "deep water" showing?