"Andy Murray and Kim Sears should be wished the best of luck"

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
If Andy Murray has fired Dani V and Jez because he thinks they are no longer helping him
achieve his goals, I would be fine with it. No doubt, Murray should make such calls independent
of how many years he is with somebody.

However, this is clearly not such a case. It has all the signs of a fallout caused by his newfound coach and his own lack of personal skills. Also, I read somewhere that Ameli has only committed to 25 weeks of work with Andy in 2015. Also, she was with Andy only since Queens, that is about half an year or so. It is definitely not a good sign that Andy is getting rid of two valued members of his team in view of a fallout at least partially created by his new found coach, who has only been with him for 6 months so far and who has only agreed to be his coach for 6 months in 2015. :puzzled

After Andy's 2014, I was originally thinking that he can only perform better in 2015.
However, I am not so sure of that any more. :devil

Good luck Andy :exclamation:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
^^ Agree.

The lads were with Andy during Lendl's reign, so can hardly be at fault for how Andy is doing...

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am certain Andy will keep his professional and personal life separate,most people do.Kim Sears has been with Andy through the good times and the bad times,I am certain she is fully aware of the demands of a elite tennis player,remember her father Nigel Sears is a tennis coach.

I wish Andy and Kim all the best in their future plans together.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
fashionista said:
I am certain Andy will keep his professional and personal life separate,most people do.Kim Sears has been with Andy through the good times and the bad times,I am certain she is fully aware of the demands of a elite tennis player,remember her father Nigel Sears is a tennis coach.

I wish Andy and Kim all the best in their future plans together.

We are not bashing kim here. We are bashing the other woman.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
^ I understand you are bashing the other woman,still I wanted to offer my congratulations regardless,I never thought they would be a 'good mix' from the start.To me 2015 will be a 'make or break year for Andy Murray.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
fashionista said:
^ I understand you are bashing the other woman,still I wanted to offer my congratulations regardless,I never thought they would be a 'good mix' from the start.To me 2015 will be a 'make or break year for Andy Murray.

I'm getting that feeling, too, now that you mention it. I gave him a pass for a lot of 2014 because of the surgery, but I don't think that's affecting him anymore -- and hasn't for a long time, actually. But between Lendl's departure, the controversial pick of Mauresmo, letting go two guys who have been with him for years, etc., it does seem like he's in the tennis equivalent of a mid-life crisis.