2023 Wimbledon SF: Jabeur vs. Sabalenka

Who will win this semifinal and in how many sets?

• Jabeur in 2 sets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sabalenka in 2 sets

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I will say it AGAIN, @MargaretMcAleer Sabalenka is by far the most interesting WTA to watch play..She is Always box office and she will eventually become #1..

This was Sabalenka's best chance and she blew it! That was a choke of epic proportions, but what's new? Players do that sort of thing on the regular! No lead is safe and the match can be practically given to them w/ UFE's & wild play, but "they can't finish!" :fearful-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:

• Angry
Reactions: Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
This was Sabalenka's best chance and she blew it! That was a choke of epic proportions, but what's new? Players do that sort of thing on the regular! No lead is safe and the match can be practically given to them w/ UFE's & wild play, but "they can't finish!" :fearful-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:
But @Fiero425 fiero that's the beauty of her game , she will be back and eventually win SW19 and the number one ranking just like she won her first Grand slam title..it's all on her terms, she drives the bus on the tour. Either she is gonna implode or blast someone off the court.

Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I will say it AGAIN, @MargaretMcAleer Sabalenka is by far the most interesting WTA to watch play..She is Always box office and she will eventually become #1..
No with that scream she is not,,,,,I love watching Ons she has a whole bag of tricks and knows how to play on the grass I picked her in 3 sets to win BTW
I will buy you a new pair of ear plugs for Christmas Okay so next time you watch her your ears will be okay
BTW the crowd were cheering for Ons, if you watched the match
BTW I asked you a question on the Rune v Alcaraz match hurry up and answer me

• Haha
Reactions: AnonymousFan

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
No with that scream she is not,,,,,I love watching Ons she has a whole bag of tricks and knows how to play on the grass I picked her in 3 sets to win BTW
I will buy you a new pair of ear plugs for Christmas Okay so next time you watch her your ears will be okay
No Way. It's not about who you like but what is box office. Previously it was Serena and Venus..now it's Sabalenka . It's not even close.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
No Way. It's not about who you like but what is box office. Previously it was Serena and Venus..now it's Sabalenka . It's not even close.
That is your opinion, go and answer my technical question I asked you it is on the Rune v Alcaraz QFs post hurry up as I have to go to work
Saba is not in the class of Serena and Venus regarding fans No Way Jose! Venus is still filling stands now. lets see if Saba is playing into her 40's fro starters which I dont think she will

Last edited:
Reactions: the AntiPusher

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

I'll have to take your word for it! I don't watch women's tennis as much! I barely recognize many of the players w/ the names! So many blonds w/ high ponytails or braids! The other brunettes are the killjoys & upsetters! They're all doing the same for the most part; trying to take the cover off the ball! I do like Ons' play though! It's a lot more of a versatile game w/ backup features! Most others' solutions is to just hit harder and little else in the way of thinking it thru! :yawningface: :astonished-face::fearful-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
That is your opinion, go and answer my technical question I asked you it is on the Rune v Alcaraz QFs post hurry up as I have to go to work
Saba is not in the class of Serena and Venus regarding fans No Way Jose! Venus is still filling stands now
No no don't move the goal posts on me MM..I NEVER said something like that. She will NEVER be box office like da sisters or Fedal but really today on the WTA, her game is the most appealing because she can blast the best of them off the court. Look what she did to my former girl favorite Maddie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
No no don't move the goal posts on me MM..I NEVER said something like that. She will NEVER be box office like da sisters or Fedal but really today on the WTA, her game is the most appealing because she can blast the best of them off the court. Look what she did to my former girl favorite Maddie
I will move the goal posts if I like, I am a woman and can change anything at any time?lol! also your givre your favs the flick? is that a good fan, stick with them like glue no?
Look I will give Saba credit she has turned her game around in ways
Remember last year she was a DF UFE machine on her serve, she employed a Bio Mecnhanical Engineer for her serve and it has worked also her mental game has improved, she still wears her heart on her sleeve, that is never going to change, still a lot of people I speak to cant stand her Scream

Reactions: AnonymousFan

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

Well as for the cheers, I will say the English knows their tennis BETTER than the fickle Frenchies

• Haha
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
AP,

BYW you agreed with my post on this match?
Ons has the ability to absorb big hitters for starters, she has the weapons to do so, her bh in the match down the line was the killer against Saba and when she used her low chip returns it also brought Saba undone
In the TB she had a mini break and had the chance to win in SS, she overplayed some points in that TB
Then her return game got better in the 2nd set and we all saw what happened in the 3rd set
Ons knows how to use her weapons on a grass court, she leads the WTA for the last 3 years with the most wins
I hope she can realize her dream in the final and win her 1st GS title
The Minister of Happiness is great to watch

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
At the start of Wimbledon everyone was saying Rybakina or Sabalenka would win ( me included)
In stead of power players, we have 2 of the craftiest and trickiest women in the game playing for the title
Modern day tricksters are underrated and underestimated on grass

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well as for the cheers, I will say the English knows their tennis BETTER than the fickle Frenchies
That's not the truth, it's a myth, fostered by the English, and bolster by anti-French prejudices. I don't see the crowds are that different. Plus, neither is made up of all English, nor all French.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
OTOH maybe its because the women have a fighting spirit & don’t give up easily?

Sabalenka was trying but the pressure from Ons was ongoing. Comebacks aren't just about someone collapsing but from a player rising to the ocassion.

Which the women do these days more then the men.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
AP,

BYW you agreed with my post on this match?
Ons has the ability to absorb big hitters for starters, she has the weapons to do so, her bh in the match down the line was the killer against Saba and when she used her low chip returns it also brought Saba undone
In the TB she had a mini break and had the chance to win in SS, she overplayed some points in that TB
Then her return game got better in the 2nd set and we all saw what happened in the 3rd set
Ons knows how to use her weapons on a grass court, she leads the WTA for the last 3 years with the most wins
I hope she can realize her dream in the final and win her 1st GS title
The Minister of Happiness is great to watch
Very good post