Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rune in five sets

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I will say this for Holger Rune he has the shots. He was delivering some firepower all tournament. If he can keep his head about him, he can definitely contend. It would be interesting to see him in a match against Alcaraz, even Korda, or Sinner to see how he might stack up against current peer age group for slam potential.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I have just posted this news on the ATP News as well,

The ATP is investigating Holger Rune for yelling 'gay slurs' during a match on the recent ATP Challenger tour.
Rune screamed the word 'faggot and gay pussy' multiple times after his opponent hit the ball out of bounds and then again after winning the point.
ATP will not tolerate any 'Homophobic outbursts' full stop.Rune has apologized after the incident.I will post any further news when the ATP finishes it's investigation.

• Wow
Reactions: don_fabio

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
These night sessions in RG are starting too late for about an hour. I started watching this match, but lacked sleep due to Novak Rafa last night so I had to catch some zzz. Ruud is playing very solid tennis and he improved on serve and his backhand side.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
These night sessions in RG are starting too late for about an hour. I started watching this match, but lacked sleep due to Novak Rafa last night so I had to catch some zzz. Ruud is playing very solid tennis and he improved on serve and his backhand side.
Hopefully the tournament officials will revise the starting time for night matches at RG next year, as this was the first time they had night matches, a lot of the players were not happy at the late start, which is totally understandable.

Reactions: don_fabio

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Finally a good salty Scandinavian blood feud in men's tennis....

"The team is really nice and sweet, but then he [Ruud] goes straight to me and shouts 'JAAA' straight up in my face,” Rune told Danish daily Ekstra Bladet. “I thought ‘what the hell are you doing?’ You just do not do that. You can cheer as much as you want on the court, I do it myself when I win. But that's just a lack of class. He should have had more respect.”
Imagine the sweet innocent cherubic Rune kid being treated so badly...
I'm with you Holger, we all know that Norwegian has a rep on the tour as a ruffian and thug.....;)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
As I posted yesterday on this post and on the ATP News the ATP is investigating Holger Rune for his 'Homophobic Outbursts' in a recent challenger match in Italy....calling out to his opponent Faggot and Pussy.
The ATP will not tolerate any Homophobic Outbursts' full stop.
Quite frankly I cannot see anyone defending his outbursts and I hope the ATP comes down hard on him.There is No Place In Tennis or any other work place for that matter with these types of comments period.

Reactions: tented