Reactions
Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
MP for Sabalenka
Sabalenka d Jabeur 64 63

An Impressive high powered controlled display of tennis from Sabalenka,
Bad luck to Ons,she was rushed by the power of Sabalenka,great tournament for her reaching the q/finals

Sabalenka reaching her first Wimbledon s/final and will play Karolina Pliskova

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just tuning into the late stages of Kerber vs Muchova
Kerber won the 1st set 62
Muchova serving 2-5 in the 2nd set
Kerber serving for the match 5-3 and a place in the s/final
MP No 2 Kerber
Kerber d Muchova 62 63 continues her impressive form on the grass and will play the winner of Barty and Tomljanovic in the s/final

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
MP for Sabalenka
Sabalenka d Jabeur 64 63

Bad luck to Ons,she was rushed by the power of Sabalenka,great tournament for her reaching the q/finals

I know Serena, Sloane,Kenin and Aja are all saying ..how in the Hell did they let this championship slip away..The French open moving back a week really messed up the grass court season.. They shouldn't have been allowed to move back a week. IMO

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I know Serena, Sloane,Kenin and Aja are all saying ..how in the Hell did they let this championship slip away..The French open moving back a week really messed up the grass court season.. They shouldn't have been allowed to move back a week. IMO
Oh well we can blame COVID again for the disruption's again this year,Paris was in lock down due to high numbers of COVID cases,the reason why they moved the time slot again

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Barty vs Tomljanovic on court the last ladies Q/finals match the winner will play Angie Kerber in the s/final.
I can only watch a few games as I have to work later today seeing it is 1.30am in the morning here.
The roof is closed on CC
Both ladies had good opening services games
I need to go to bed,I will check the score of the match later in the morning when I wake up
Really enjoyed watching the other ladies q/finals,
Enjoy the rest of the tennis everyone.

Last edited:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Emma is not facing the English press at all...there has been a statement released why she had to retire from her match.
"due to breathing problems' that was announced about 5 hours ago.Emma did not go to a press conference after her match
Osaka never faced what the sisters faced..the media was vicious and biased but they never buckled.Venus and Serena are warriors

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Lets go Sabalenka!just love her carefree spirit..

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
MP for Sabalenka
Sabalenka d Jabeur 64 63

I know you gals have told me that Sabalenka can be unpredictable, emotionally, but she held her own today, and I think Jabeur is good.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Barty vs Tomljanovic on court the last ladies Q/finals match the winner will play Angie Kerber in the s/final.
I can only watch a few games as I have to work later today seeing it is 1.30am in the morning here.
The roof is closed on CC
Both ladies had good opening services games
I need to go to bed,I will check the score of the match later in the morning when I wake up
Really enjoyed watching the other ladies q/finals,
Enjoy the rest of the tennis everyone.
Barty looks like the player to beat, but all interesting the women who are still in. Resurgent Kerber, calm Plishkova and powerful Sabalenka.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Lets go Sabalenka!just love her carefree spirit..

Without Osaka in the draw, I couldn't be more satisfied with this Semi-Final line-up! I don't pay too much attn. to the ladies, but each here have standing to win IMO! We have a #1, a past champ., and a couple "up and comers" quietly sneaking up to start their winning ways; maybe beginning of a possible new reign! :partying-face:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
D5B22B59-BA03-4F6F-93D9-8F251E4097C8.jpeg

EBCE7E69-171F-46C8-811B-E582093D2BBC.jpeg

24C11D1D-700B-47EC-B89B-71EE229D1888.jpeg

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Without Osaka in the draw, I couldn't be more satisfied with this Semi-Final line-up! I don't pay too much attn. to the ladies, but each here have standing to win IMO! We have a #1, a past champ., and a couple "up and comers" quietly sneaking up to start their winning ways; maybe beginning of a possible new reign! :partying-face:
Osaka isnt known for her grass court play,like clay,HC is the only surface so far she shines on.Any of the four ladies remaining in the draw have a great chance of winning the singles title.

Reactions: tossip and Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I know you gals have told me that Sabalenka can be unpredictable, emotionally, but she held her own today, and I think Jabeur is good.
Sabalenka is known to be a UFE machine,her game is with small margins,though I must admit she showed in her q/final match against Jabeur 'it was a highly powered game with Control' Jabeur just had no answers.Sabalenka has been seeing a sports psychologist,to help her to control her emotions,to focus more,well it has been working at Wimbledon so far,this is the first time she has reached a s/final in a GS tournament,she deserves to be there. ( her best results in a GS has been the 4th rd)

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Barty looks like the player to beat, but all interesting the women who are still in. Resurgent Kerber, calm Plishkova and powerful Sabalenka.
Ash has improved her play since her first rd match,remember she had no pre tournament grass play before Wimbledon,she has played the big points well,she is also the leading player in the Ace department.I am happy with her progress to the s/final.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I didn't watch Sabalenka as I can't stand her primate screams - isn't there a sound limit? Yes I can turn down the sound, and yes she's a good player BUT why destroy the pleasure for spectators -huh?
I usually use the 'mute button' on my TV when she plays.....like Sharapova when she played on the tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.