• Barty in 2

• Barty in 3

• Pliskova in 2

• Pliskova in 3

Results are only viewable after voting.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This win will inspire soo many young Australian players watching Ash Barty winning at Wimbledon

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I dont know how long I will stay up as it is 2.00am in the morning here in Sydney

I am watching the Ladies Doubles final...between E.Vesnina/V.Kudermetova vs SW Hsieh/E.Mertens (3)
3 all first set.
Well done to the unseeded pair of Vesnina/Kudermetova winning the first set 63...Vesnina has been a former Wimbledon Doubles champion,back on the tour,after 3 years,due to the birth of her daughter.

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Even that I don´t follow too much the WTA I like this player, she looks very nice and not like a "diva". This remind me when Rafa won his first WB

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Even that I don´t follow too much the WTA I like this player, she looks very nice and not like a "diva". This remind me when Rafa won his first WB

Carol......thanks for that.Aussie Pat Cash from memory was the first person to start that by getting into his players box and hugging them at Wimbledon...
Yes I still remember to this very day when Rafa climbed up to his players box after winning his first Wimbledon final in 2008,if my memory is correct 'he did take the scenic route' getting to his players box.lol!

Last edited:
Reactions: Carol

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Karolina Pliskova,

"I'm so grateful for the moments during these weeks and especially today.Big thanks to my team for always believe in me no matter what.Thanks to all of you for the support and remember.WE NEVER GIVE UP.NEVER".

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
2 Aussie Legends, Rod Laver and Roy Emerson and their thoughts on Ash Barty after winning Wimbledon.

"She's something special" said Laver.
"She dosen't worry at all.She just goes out there and plays" Emerson concurred."She's got her head together".he said.
"You see her play and you can't tell if she's winning or losing.She just gets on with it and that makes her a tough opponent".

Last edited:

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Congrats to Barty. She's confirmed her number 1 ranking. But that final was one of the more nervy ones i've seen. Ash should have won this thing in straight.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Karolina Pliskova,

"I'm so grateful for the moments during these weeks and especially today.Big thanks to my team for always believe in me no matter what.Thanks to all of you for the support and remember.WE NEVER GIVE UP.NEVER".
It sure seems like her feet did..my LORD the woman has slow feet. If her feet was a second faster she would be a great player

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
"I know how to lose, believe me. I’m so good in that"

--- Pliskobot in the presser after the match.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Love this quote from Ash Barty's father,

"He said he had 'no idea' of his prodigy daughter's talent until she was 15".
"We weren't tennis players.We were golfers.We just thought she was one of these kids that could do everything"

That was soo Barty..............:)

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ash Barty,

I need to get back on the golf course,my handicap has slipped to 8............:)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Evonne Goolagong Cawley on Ash Barty,

"She made me proud from the first time I saw Ash.She must've been 13.We saw one point in which she showed all the skills;slice,volley,smash,everything.We looked at each other and thought she's got it.She's going to be our next champion".

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Casey Dellaqua (Ash Barty's former doubles partner),

I would like to acknowledge Ash Barty's parents,congratulations not only for raising a great tennis player,but a great human being.Ash respects everyone around her.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I will just re-type the New WTA Top 10 after Wimbledon here ( I have typed this on the WTA News and Gossip)

1- Ash Barty
2- Naomi Osaka
3- Aryna Sabalenka (+1)
4- Sofia Kenin (+2)
5- Bianca Andreescu (+2)
6- Elina Svitolina (-1)
7- Karolina Pliskova (+6)
8- Iga Swiatek (+1)
9- Simona Halep (-6)
10- Garbine Muguruza (+2)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Women players who took the biggest steps during Wimbledon in terms of advancing their own career in hopes of reaching the top;

Sabalenka,Muchova,Jabeur and Gauff.