Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mertens in 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
My heart says Vika but I think Mertens is playing very well and she seems confident and her game just looks so tidy. Vika can still ebb and flow but I love her moxie.

Mertens in 3 very tight sets.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I haven't watched a lot of Mertens, but I think Vika is a great big-moment player. And she is on form. I like her moxie, too, @Jelenafan! I went Vika in 3, which seems to be a popular pick.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is their first singles meeting,

Elise has been playing some solid tennis so far this year,Vika has found her game after Cinncy,interesting match up

Vika in 3 sets.....I am having to record this match as I am on day shift at work....drats.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So far, Vika on the good side of breaks of serve at 3-1, but they're both serving at challenger numbers.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
First set to Vika: 6-1. It looked like Vika was stronger, early on, but once she broke away, it went surprisingly easily. It's not her serve, but her power shots.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Vika totally bossing this match now. Mertens fights off 2 MPs, though. Still fighting.

Michael;Kiwi

Futures Player
Reactions
That was just brilliant tennis from Azarenka. If she plays like that again I think she will beat Serena. It's going to be hard to replicate though.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Vika wins 1-0. It was a little tighter than it looks, at least in the first, but impressive Vika. So, it's going to be Vika and Serena, once again. Danger for Serena, I'd say.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That was just brilliant tennis from Azarenka. If she plays like that again I think she will beat Serena. It's going to be hard to replicate though.
Her serve was sort of crap, early on, though. I can't imagine that Serena could have a worse SF than a coming back Vika. Except maybe Osaka. And it seems like she'll have to beat both to win the title.

Michael;Kiwi

Futures Player
Reactions
Her serve was sort of crap, early on, though. I can't imagine that Serena could have a worse SF than a coming back Vika. Except maybe Osaka. And it seems like she'll have to beat both to win the title.
It was a rough couple of games, but the commentators were saying that she had a faster serve than she did when she was #1. It's definitely not a good matchup for Serena. Azarenka has certainly played better throughout the tournament than Serena. I would still favor Serena though because she always steps it up when it counts.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It was a rough couple of games, but the commentators were saying that she had a faster serve than she did when she was #1. It's definitely not a good matchup for Serena. Azarenka has certainly played better throughout the tournament than Serena. I would still favor Serena though because she always steps it up when it counts.
I'm also hoping Serena gets #24 here. But she's unlucky to be facing Vika tomorrow. And Azarenka had a short day.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
That was just an 'Exemplary Performance' from Azarenka!.....quite frankly I am lost for words.

Reactions: don_fabio

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What a demolition by Vika. Insane. Rooting for her to win USO.