2016 Roland Garros FINAL: [1] Novak Djokovic (SRB) vs. [2] Andy Murray (UK)

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
Not that i don't share your passion, but by definition the Grand Slam is done in a calendar year...... always has been the case, therefore they call it the Serena slam and not GS.

Truth be pointed out, he actually played higher level at RG before (such as 2011/2013/2015) but its not required this time....... he knows true and well that Murray should simply be his punchbag if he is normal. He actually played below par to allow Murray the first set, but surely he knew he was gonna come back.

I can't figure out what's wrong with Murray when he plays Novak. He rarely plays aggressively, which we know he can, but he always seems reserved and holds back. He went after Stan with a vengeance. I would love to see Murray get more majors, but Murray has to want it more. He seems too complacent to me and doesn't always adjust to the person he's playing. Could it be a lack of confidence?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ What's wrong is his normal game isn't nearly good enough. He has to get out of his comfort zone and play aggressively from start to finish and that's something he simply can't/won't do for long.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Sincerely I give a lot of credit to Novak, he is not wasting the time at all taking all the advantage that the circumstances are giving him.
What I don't finish to understand why many people say that the players at 29 and over start the decline but they also think that someone could win 8 or 10 more GS. I don't think it could happen unless the others top players would continue playing bad or they would be injured (like it's happening now) or the young generation wouldn't be able (not enough good game) to win a MS and GS like also is happening now.

There is simply the possibility that Nole ages better than anyone before him ever has. He's already won more slams after turning 28 than Rafa and Federer combined. Also a declined version of Novak may still be good enough to win a bunch more slams until the next generation fully takes over.

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
^ What's wrong is his normal game isn't nearly good enough. He has to get out of his comfort zone and play aggressively from start to finish and that's something he simply can't/won't do for long.

I know. It's just odd that he doesn't recognize that after all of this time. He can't play the top guys playing his regular game, but he continues to do so. It's puzzling.

Reactions: DarthFed

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
There is simply the possibility that Nole ages better than anyone before him ever has. He's already won more slams after turning 28 than Rafa and Federer combined. Also a declined version of Novak may still be good enough to win a bunch more slams until the next generation fully takes over.
Aging better than Federer? I doubt it. Injury free? sooner or later no one is free injury and the way he is playing it's a miracle that he doesn't have any, mark my words

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions

I like these two, charming fellas.:)

I also think that Andy mentioning Nole winning 4 majors in a row and how big an achievement that is was really classy and respectful. I don't know what people expected, but I thought that Andy played too much tennis on clay and it had to show at some point, especially when the other guy started to play well and dictating play. It sort of reminded me of the final from last year when Wawrinka started to swing freely and began to find his mighty offense while Nole started to fade as the match went on.

And presents are coming Nole's way, a golden racquet, among them:

After the match, Head owner/CEO Johan Eliasch presented the Roland Garros winner with a golden racquet inscribed with all of Novak’s Grand Slam tournament victories. This is a one-off frame and will not be available at retail, according to a Head rep.

nkUflAt.jpg

HEAD_Career_Grand_Slam_Djokovic.jpg

thumbnail_HEAD_Career_Grand_Slam_Djokovic_detail_1.jpg

Reactions: britbox

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
people do laugh at how delusional you can get. wait till he gets 20 first though, personally i don't think he will.

Only now I remember you. You are Retardo. Why did you change your nick?

Last edited:

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Sincerely I give a lot of credit to Novak, he is not wasting the time at all taking all the advantage that the circumstances are giving him.
What I don't finish to understand why many people say that the players at 29 and over start the decline but they also think that someone could win 8 or 10 more GS. I don't think it could happen unless the others top players would continue playing bad or they would be injured (like it's happening now) or the young generation wouldn't be able (not enough good game) to win a MS and GS like also is happening now.

Do you know that in all 4 finals Novak had the best opponent? At Wimbledon and USO it was Federer who was ranked #2 then and at AO and FO it was Murray who was #2 then. So, it is not that top players are playing bad.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Do you know that in all 4 finals Novak had the best opponent? At Wimbledon and USO it was Federer who was ranked #2 then and at AO and FO it was Murray who was #2 then. So, it is not that top players are playing bad.

Murray as best opponent? and a guy in his mid 30s?

told you not to be off your medication :D

the racquet he got says 'career Grand Slam'. Any more questions about making up another definition?