2013 NBA Finals: Heat vs. Spurs

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
RE: NBA Finals: Heat vs. Spurs

Oh boy. Spurs go on a 17-4 run to end the 1st half. They lead 50-44. Timmy from out of the files w/ 25 points in one half.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

Got home with 4 minutes left so I saw the best part. Incredible game, the refs just completely swallowed the whistle from the end of the 4th and throughout overtime. SA just didn't make the free throws and couldn't come up with the final rebound. They are a tough bunch so I don't see them having a hangover from this that results in a game 7 blowout but it probably will be the Heat winning now.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions

Officiating aside, Pop blew this win for his team. He made so many un-Pop like decisions in the 2nd half. That game was won about 3 times over:
1. He takes Duncan out for the last possession. What?
2. Manu was a liability and he kept putting him out there.
3. Up 3 w/ seconds left in regulation, why not foul?

I still think Spurs can win. They got nothing from Green, Manu or Splitter. Parker only had about 16. He has to be better since Manu cannot be. But they do waste a great game by Duncan. I don't know if Timmy can be that good again.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

kskate2 said:
Officiating aside, Pop blew this win for his team. He made so many un-Pop like decisions in the 2nd half. That game was won about 3 times over:
1. He takes Duncan out for the last possession. What?
2. Manu was a liability and he kept putting him out there.
3. Up 3 w/ seconds left in regulation, why not foul?

I still think Spurs can win. They got nothing from Green, Manu or Splitter. Parker only had about 16. He has to be better since Manu cannot be. But they do waste a great game by Duncan. I don't know if Timmy can be that good again.

You are right as there were a lot of questionable at best decisions. The only thought as to why he didn't have Duncan in is that he was worried about Bosh getting an open 3 pointer against someone not used to guarding someone on the perimeter. They should have taken the foul as you mentioned and the other head scratcher was not calling timeout for the final play of the overtime. Ginobili driving wildly in the paint is not a quality possession compared to just about anything else they could have done.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions

Yeah I forgot to mention the lack of a timeout when they were in the overtime. They had like 7 or 8 sec and he could have designed a play and got all his 3 pt shooters out there.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Both teams are real fighters. It has been fun to watch and it was heart stopping action in the last quarter of regular time. James was fantastic until the last two times he drove to the basket. Another great block from him that really set things going. Bosch was being besmirched and for good reason--he has mostly had a poor series and the fans are not thrilled with all the jumpers he has missed. But, he sure had some big plays in OT. He earned back some of the adulation he had lost, but he needs a good shooting game so that he can try and take it inside more. Duncan is letting him shoot and not worrying--he will take the rebound.

The Spurs continue to show why they are one of the truly great teams of the last twenty years. Duncan was flat out unreal the first half--it was a career night in a career of great nights. But, he mollified a bit in the second half. Parker is so damn fast that he just can create things at any time and the 3 he took towards the end (notwithstanding fantastic defense from LeBron that forced him out), that again went in, was the shot I thought won it for the Spurs. How he could do it two nights in a row and for the third time this series was mighty impressive. But, there were large stretches of the game wherein he was contained fairly well. Manu had an off night--no doubt about that. The Heat were much more careful with Green and he was not as big a factor.

I respect greatly whoever wins this and the Spurs have impressed me more since they are older and already have so many titles. It is going to be a fabulous Game 7.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

kskate2 said:
Yeah I forgot to mention the lack of a timeout when they were in the overtime. They had like 7 or 8 sec and he could have designed a play and got all his 3 pt shooters out there.

Someone at worked mentioned today that the coach can't call timeout with less than 2 minutes to go in the half or game. I now vaguely remember a rule change like that a couple years ago. The lack of timeout might not have been on Pops if that's the case.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions

Yeah Murat, disappointing finish because it mirrored game 6. Terrible decisions by Pop again: Manu the turnover machine in full effect, SA jacking up 3's instead of going to the rim, TP on the bench in last possession and Duncan's tired legs couldn't make a straight layup. In order for SA to win Parker had to play better than game 6 and he was actually worse only scoring 10 points tonight.

Congrats to MIA. Lebron did what an MVP is supposed to do, made most of his outside shots, shot well from the stripe and played great defense. Wade was good even in a hobbled state. Battier was the difference. W/o his contribution they are down 15 points.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

I really wish that Wade and LeBron had played at their quick-hitting and abrupt Game 7 pace sooner in this series. Matters would have gone much smoother for them, and they would have avoided the near-collapse of Game 6 that almost prevented them from having the opportunity to do what they did in Game 7.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fiero425 Other Sports 0
J Other Sports 31
J Other Sports 6
kskate2 Other Sports 407
Murat Baslamisli Other Sports 3