2013 French Open Final: Serena vs. Masha

Who will reign supreme on Saturday?

• Total voters

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Kiu said:
Since no one took Masha, I voted for her in straight sets.

:)

As much as I, too, wish this would happen, it won't. Serena is playing at an incredible level, plus she's extremely focussed. It's truly amazing. Maybe if Henin were still around she would be able to move Serena around enough to beat her, but I wouldn't bet on that, either.

Omair

Club Member
Reactions
tossip said:
Omair said:
tossip said:
Omair said:
Lo and behold everyone! Sharapova will destroy Serena in the Roland Garros final. Don't say that I did not inform you people earlier ;)
whoare you:laydownlaughing
I thought we are allowed to post jokes here ;)
he loves pova too much and cannot help himself...:snigger
lol! There is no doubt I would love to see pova win this one. But more so, I would love to see a competitive match. Everyone is on the Serena bandwagon and with the form Serena is in, Sharapova will not be able to win if Serena plays like she did against Errani. I posted that for a change, it gets boring when someone is so overwhelming favourite.
Btw, Serena was an overwhelming favourite against Stosur too at the U.S Open final. (Just saying)
Let us hope for a competitive match.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Omair said:
tossip said:
Omair said:
tossip said:
Omair said:
Lo and behold everyone! Sharapova will destroy Serena in the Roland Garros final. Don't say that I did not inform you people earlier ;)
lol! There is no doubt I would love to see pova win this one. But more so, I would love to see a competitive match. Everyone is on the Serena bandwagon and with the form Serena is in, Sharapova will not be able to win if Serena plays like she did against Errani. I posted that for a change, it gets boring when someone is so overwhelming favourite.
Btw, Serena was an overwhelming favourite against Stosur too at the U.S Open final. (Just saying)
the good thing is this year Serena is seasoned claycourter unlike 2011 where she was still getting used to the tour after a long lay off.Serena had just rejoined the tour in June of 2011 and her scheduling the night before the final was dodgy.
This year both players are rested and it will be a level playing field..
may the best player win!

Omair

Club Member
Reactions
tossip said:
Omair said:
tossip said:
Omair said:
tossip said:
the good thing is this year Serena is seasoned claycourter unlike 2011 where she was still getting used to the tour after a long lay off.Serena had just rejoined the tour in June of 2011 and her scheduling the night before the final was dodgy.
This year both players are rested and it will be a level playing field..
may the best player win!
Yes, you have a point there. Plus, she is more calm and collected on the court than she has ever been. Maria definitely needs a plan B to have chance against Serena or hope that Serena has a bad day. I can't wait for the grass season as well. Vika will be a legitimate threat to Serena on grass.
Hoping for a good match, regardless of who wins.

rugged

Futures Player
Reactions
Omair said:

LOL. I am just hoping Maria doesn't start crying. Serena just spanked Errani by the same score line as she did Maria in their Olympic Gold Metal match (6-0, 6-1). This is the biggest event they played in a final since that match. Maria had water in her eyes back then. If she gets humiliated tomorrow she will surely breakdown.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Kiu said:
Since no one took Masha, I voted for her in straight sets.

:)

201306061124410534182-p2@stats.com.jpg

Good luck with that lol ;) It´s about as likely as Oleg MacNoLeg winning the NYC marathon though I´m afraid :cool: Won´t be watching this as I´m away for the weekend but congrats to Serena on her 2nd RG title :clap It´s taken a while!

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Kiu, are you joking? :puzzled
Someone had to vote for her. Now Omair has joined me too!
201306061112403274084-p2@stats.com.jpg

Sooner or later(probably later) someone will beat Serena, may as well be Masha here.

201306061113404154096-p2@stats.com.jpg

201306061128413134194-p2@stats.com.jpg

:p

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
my name is pova and I am a Serenaholic.....

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
rugged said:
Omair said:

LOL. I am just hoping Maria doesn't start crying. Serena just spanked Errani by the same score line as she did Maria in their Olympic Gold Metal match (6-0, 6-1). This is the biggest event they played in a final since that match. Maria had water in her eyes back then. If she gets humiliated tomorrow she will surely breakdown.

I doubt it.. Pova is way too full of herself.. Btw.. Have we ever seen her cry.. I actually like the way that Pova beat the living daylights out of the rest of the other players in the league besides Vika and Serena

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
just saw a picture of Dementieva at Roland Garros wearing Serena s Miami dress....retirement has mellowed Elena for sure.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Kiu said:
kskate2 said:
Kiu, are you joking? :puzzled
Someone had to vote for her. Now Omair has joined me too!
201306061112403274084-p2@stats.com.jpg

Sooner or later(probably later) someone will beat Serena, may as well be Masha here.

Someone has beaten her this year. Their names are Sloane Stephens and Vika Azarenka.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
After trading breaks a few times, Serena takes the opening set 6-4

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Someone has beaten her this year. Their names are Sloane Stephens and Vika Azarenka.

But that was before her winning streak which is at 30, a career best for her.
201306080902325294440-p2@stats.com.jpg

First set goes to Serena 6-4
Surprisingly there were 5 breaks of serve. 3 for Serena 2 for Masha.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Serena is one game away 5-3

Ace to end it. How fitting. Well done to Serena on her 16th GS 6-4 6-4. Maria played well, but Serena really cleaned up her game in the 2nd set.

MashaFan

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Exciting match and Serena won as expected - Congratulations Serena
notworthy.gif

The good thing (for a Masha fan) is that Masha wasn't blown of court - Masha went down fighting until the bitter end and lost 46, 46 and she's getting closer to defeat Serena this or next year - Well done Masha!!! - Another great gutsy performance even if it wasn't a win this time :clap - You keep on going Masha!! - Good luck @ Wimbledon!!