Rugby Union

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Do you guys watch any rugby league? NRL final was pretty good... Sharks v Storm... went down to the wire. Not as exciting as last year when the Cowboys scored a try in the last phase of the match.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I just don't have the time. Something's gotta give :)

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Nope, only ABs and even not every match. With Maharishi Djoki shifting his priorities away from tennis, I will refocus to Red Star basketball, seems they'll be special this year.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
There is no a single superstar in new AB team, for the first time since I know of them. However, my impression is that they were never a stronger team, even better than some earlier generations/teams full of superstars. Is my impression totally wrong?

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Just been watching the ABs against Ireland. That was the most intense match I've seen this year I think. Ireland are some team right now. Didn't watch the match in Chicago, but I can see it wasn't a fluke. ABs were brutal and cynical in a way they haven't had to be for a while. People don't really talk about their D much, but Ireland completely dominated territory but only managed to get 3 penalties. Meanwhile somehow the All Blacks sneaked in 3 tries. Amazing stuff

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think the 6 Nations will be a two horse race between Ireland and England. Wales have dropped off and won't contend. Scotland are on the rise, they've got some good young players but probably too early to see them as challengers... they also lack depth.

Great for the Northern Hemisphere to see Ireland front up to the ABs.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Good win for Wales over the Springboks

Although, I'm thinking it's more of a representation of how bad the Springboks are right now rather than an upturn in Welsh rugby. Wales will be 3rd or 4th in the 6 Nations this year IMO.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Absolutely! I mean the Boks lost to Italy didn't they? If Wales hadn't beaten them then they might as well have lost to Canada or the USA. It would NOT have been good

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Big weekend in the 6 Nations as Wales entertain England.

As a welshman, not got good vibes this time around. Wales have looked pretty ordinary the last couple of years and England are on the up. I think England win the tournament, particularly with Ireland losing at Scotland in Round 1.

Always the Cardiff factor for Wales, but don't think that will be enough this time around.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Yup! Going to miss it sadly. I'm at Anfield today. Not that hopeful. You guys will be up for this one

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yep, it's not the big teams who have troubled us...

Good win neverthess and I'm glad Mane is back and in business.

Bad result for Wales. Looked like they were the better team for the most part.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I wasn’t surprised. Our form has been shaky for a few matches now. It started when we drew with Man City. Watching the game live yesterday it was clear that the problem is in our midfield. Wanyama isn’t doing what he was so good at previously - destroying the oppositions play in midfield and passing the ball to more creative players. He’s started trying to play the creative football himself. This means that when he loses the ball the defence doesn’t have protection anymore. I can only hope that Pochetino realises and sets him right quickly. Anyway, Chelsea drawing still leaves the other teams with a bit of hope, but it’s only slight hope!

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just caught up with the second test - Lions v ABs... as I was away over the weekend. Good match, obviously Sonny Bill Williams getting sent off made a huge impact, but still a decent result and sets it up nicely for a decider. Thought Vunipola was a tad lucky not to have a got a red himself based on the refereeing precent set earlier... and the ABs were a bit unlucky with the deciding penalty - don't think jumping in the air on a poor pass should qualify as ensuring a safe landing in the tackle.

Anyway, all to play for. Can't wait for the third test.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I was playing golf on Saturday so I missed it. Will have to watch it on sky player at some point. Can't think there's any other team on the planet that could have played with 14 men and almost won it. Eden Park will be brutal for the Lions

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Edge of the seat stuff for the final test between the Lions and All Blacks. Great result for the Lions in reality. 15-15 and a drawn series.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The All Blacks are the most impressive rugby union team I have ever seen. They produce talented players in industrial quantities, in spite of a population of only about 4 million. I think they have lost only twice in the past 3 years. I like Julian Savea and Steven Luatua among their new stars. And the haka alone is worth the match ticket. Unfortunately, can't watch rugby union matches form where I am right now. I prefer southern hemisphere rugby. Is the super rugby competition over yet?

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Jeepers! 57 - 0. That was a brutal tonking. Boys have a lot to think about, I actually thought they were turning it around this season. ABs were utterly ruthless

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
Scotland beat England.

I won't say who won in the Ireland V Wales match though as I don't want to upset Britbox.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
britbox Other Sports 4
Federberg Other Sports 3