Yana Wickmeir

special700

Masters Champion
Reactions
Wow I heard she pull out of the tournament because of a viral infection how come we have not heard anything about it and if it's true how come no one is claiming she's on drugs or need to be tested or pregnant....all I can do is shake my head and the out right racism that they continually pull when it comes to Serena. Hell and she's the only player who bring money into the WTA. She's the only one who put butts in the stadium.

Moose

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
It's WickMAYER, special. And it was a sinus infection, not a viral infection.

special700

Masters Champion
Reactions
Moose said:

Thanks for clearing that up for me because I was just about to get on my soap box. But to pull out because of a sinus infection....anyone else had done that (cough, cough Serena) and we all would not hear the end of it.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Did Yanina start a match disoriented? People feel unwell all the time, it is up to each person to decide when they are going to see a doctor, when to rest, when to withdraw from a tournament. If a person can't decide for himself or herself, then hopefully there are close ones to decide for them or influence them to make the right decision.

Anyway, any news about a top player will always be a hot item. Wickmayer can't compete with Serena as Serena or any other top player will generate much more interest with the media. It is normal to me.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Moose said:

Special is not able to get over it. Trying to find comparisons desperately when
they don't even come close.

special700

Masters Champion
Reactions
Billie said:
Did Yanina start a match disoriented? People feel unwell all the time, it is up to each person to decide when they are going to see a doctor, when to rest, when to withdraw from a tournament. If a person can't decide for himself or herself, then hopefully there are close ones to decide for them or influence them to make the right decision.

Anyway, any news about a top player will always be a hot item. Wickmayer can't compete with Serena as Serena or any other top player will generate much more interest with the media. It is normal to me.

No -but at least Serena gave it a try. Just imagine if Serena had not showed up at all - she's damned if she do and damned if she doesn't. And by the way Yanina had a "viral infection".

special700

Masters Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Moose said:

Special is not able to get over it. Trying to find comparisons desperately when
they don't even come close.

what the heck are you talking about - what comparisons are your referencing?

special700

Masters Champion
Reactions
Billie said:

Show me which other top player generate as much interest with the media as Serena. Li Na just pulled out of the US series and she's the #2 player, point to me the birage of articles that's written about it. On the ESPN page I think it got 3 replies. So don't try to feed that mess to me about media coverage when it comes to Serena.

Moose

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
special700 said:
And by the way Yanina had a "viral infection".

Here was the story I read that said it was sinus:

Zhao advanced to the second round of the main draw after opponent Yanina Wickmayer of Belgium retired from their match because of a sinus infection.
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/eh-game/win-rogers-cup-wild-card-lottery-sharon-fichman-130514532.html

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
special700 said:
Billie said:

Show me which other top player generate as much interest with the media as Serena. Li Na just pulled out of the US series and she's the #2 player, point to me the birage of articles that's written about it. On the ESPN page I think it got 3 replies. So don't try to feed that mess to me about media coverage when it comes to Serena.

I don't try to feed anything to you. I will bet anything that if Masha or Vika went out on court to play a match and started stumbling around disoriented like Serena did, that it would make news everywhere as well. I am certain of that. It was big news in this case because Serena came out on court in that state, which I had never seen before on a tennis court. So normally people talk and innuendoes are thrown around.

I saw some photos of Serena on the Adriatic sea recently, I am glad that she looks healthy and I wish her well. I think that most fans would agree that is the best wish for their player. Sometimes we have to know when to let something go and that decision makes us feel better, that helps me deal with things, not only tennis related, but in life too. It is my friendly advice to you, you are welcome to take it or leave it. :)