WTA Finals, 2022, Fort Worth, TX, USA

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Fantastic win for Sabalenka, and let's face it, winning it on the serve, given her issues...pretty good.

Reactions: kskate2

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
This is good ,Swiatek was holding the tour hostage.She left the arena very quickly,you win some you lose some..have a taste of your own meds.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Finals Order Of Play,

Doubles Final, starts at 5.30pm,

Krejcikova/Siniakova (1) vs Kudermetova/Mertens (4)

Singles Final, starts at 8.00pm,

C.Garcia (6) vs A. Sabalenka (7) H2H 2 all.

Caroline Garcia is the oldest player to advance to the final since Venus Williams in 2017

Reactions: AnonymousFan

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Well, well, well, what have we here? Saba staged a palace coup! Good for her. :clap: Won't get any easier in the final.

Okay seriously, how did Saba defeat Iga? Most tennis savants like Miss Margaret, Moxie and Kelli would have bet their life savings (that's not true, ladies are frugal with their savings ) that Saba didn't have a chance.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
WOW, seems as though she has not made any progression since her surprising RG final
I think we all agree she needs a new coach, her FH wing is a huge liability, one match she had 29 UFE on it? also her serve needs attention.

Last edited:

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Expectations can be a killer! Why are people pushing this little girl into being another Williams sister? She's not that athletic for one thing! :yawningface: :fearful-face:
I am not expecting her to be Venus or Serena. What I would expect is forward progress. She’s been in this middle of the road/poor play at times since making the finals of RG. Winning some sets even if she was going to lose the matches would have been good to see. She seems very resigned to the outcome of her matches.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Expectations can be a killer! Why are people pushing this little girl into being another Williams sister? She's not that athletic for one thing! :yawningface: :fearful-face:
Saying Coco isn't athletic as the Williams Sisters is like John Isner's serve doesn't yield and produce the same results as Sampras! Coco is an remarkable athlete and may be the BEST one since Venus and Serena. Coco needs to get someone like Sascha or Kamau Murray to work with how to construct the points to break down her opponents instead of trying to just be a defensive retriever. This can happen as soon as next year especially if you look at all of the recent first time grand slam winners over the past 4 years. IMO

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I am not expecting her to be Venus or Serena. What I would expect is forward progress. She’s been in this middle of the road/poor play at times since making the finals of RG. Winning some sets even if she was going to lose the matches would have been good to see. She seems very resigned to the outcome of her matches.

Dropping all 3 RR matches in straight sets is nothing new in the game! It's happened to the best of them; even Nadal in '09 when Davydenko won the YEC! I seem to see Coco almost everyday; singles and doubles! She might just be plain mentally tired! If your mind isn't there, no amount of skill can save you! My worse losses are to people I've never been defeated by! That's why they play the game as they say! You never know! The other ladies are more inspired to beat Gauff as she gets a lot of exposure! Beating her elevates them! I'm not going to put too high expectations on her! She might come back refreshned next season and make another major final! :pleading-face::fearful-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy: