Wilson Pro Staff 90 or Pro Staff six.one 90

Phil Ryder

Reactions
hi there.

I am new here and also quite new back into the tennis world.
picking up playing again after almost 20 years.
now I did my research and decided to get myself a couple of new racquets and went for the Wilson Pro Staff six.one 90.
now what I received today in my post was a racquet which says Pro Staff Ninety.
I am a bit confused now. is there any difference between the 2012 model of
Wilson Pro Staff 90 and Pro Staff six.one 90??? or is it just a different print job??
no luck finding an answer on the trustworthy internet on that one....
online shops advertise them as 6.1 with pictures of the 90 and visa versa.
for example:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Wilson_Pro_Staff_90_BLX_/descpageRCWILSON-WPS90.html

or,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WILSON-Pro-Staff-Six-One-90-BLX-Adult-Tennis-Racket-/350914157807?pt=UK_Tennis&var=&hash=item51b41d1cef

hope someone can advise.

all the best,

Philipp.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Hi Phillip,
Welcome to the boards and to tennis again.
If You have the following racquet:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Wilson_Pro_Staff_90/descpageRCWILSON-PS90.html

...that is different than the racquet Roger used to use, which is the pro staff bLX 6.1 90, your first link.
The link upstairs is the new pro staff 90, but not the 6.1. Different specs but very similar. Is that the one you got? The new Pro Staff ninety that is in the link above is a 6.0, meaning, the newer and bigger version of the classical 85 pro staff that Sampras used to use, made of Kevlar/Graphite. The BLX 6.1 use basalt for the frame.

Phil Ryder

Reactions
morning.

thanks for your reply.
I've got the pro staff 90.
would you say that one is better than the other or does it simply depend on the player?
I assume that one got more flex than the other because of material composition?
can't open that link for some reason....

1972Murat said:
Hi Phillip,
Welcome to the boards and to tennis again.
If You have the following racquet:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Wilson_Pro_Staff_90/descpageRCWILSON-PS90.html

...that is different than the racquet Roger used to use, which is the pro staff bLX 6.1 90, your first link.
The link upstairs is the new pro staff 90, but not the 6.1. Different specs but very similar. Is that the one you got? The new Pro Staff ninety that is in the link above is a 6.0, meaning, the newer and bigger version of the classical 85 pro staff that Sampras used to use, made of Kevlar/Graphite. The BLX 6.1 use basalt for the frame.

Phil Ryder

Reactions
could open the link now. isn't that the latest design?
I was actually referring to the previous design.
is there a difference too between the PS90 and PS 6.1.90?

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Don't quiet remember the previous design, but if it is not a 6.1, the same differences would apply. Like, Kevlar/graphite, versus Basalt and little bit of weight. They would be both very headlight rackets and play very similar. I guess it would come down to feel, and that is very personal.

Phil Ryder

Reactions
ok. thanks.

1972Murat said:
Don't quiet remember the previous design, but if it is not a 6.1, the same differences would apply. Like, Kevlar/graphite, versus Basalt and little bit of weight. They would be both very headlight rackets and play very similar. I guess it would come down to feel, and that is very personal.

tennisamateur

In the Locker Room
Reactions
Website
protennistips.net
is the new pro staff 97 drastically different from the pro staff 90? a 7 inch head size increase seems like it'll play a lot differently

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
tennisamateur said:
is the new pro staff 97 drastically different from the pro staff 90? a 7 inch head size increase seems like it'll play a lot differently

Edberg's Pro 90 was the last full time racket I played with before giving up the game in 2001! I did 30 good years of playing, teaching, enjoying, & promoting tennis from '71! Easily went through 60-70 sticks over the years; wood, metal, fiberglass, & composites! How many rackets do you guys think you've gone through over the years? :puzzled :nono