• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sk310

Masters Champion
Reactions
Kirijax said:
That lull in the mid-00s has definitely helped Serena I think. But like I said in another thread, I can't help but think that the end for Serena will come quickly. Losing to unknowns, losing in the early rounds, etc.

But this is Serena and she has proven me wrong many times.

I agree with that statement a lot. I think Venus and Serena are incredibly different. Serena does not just get joy playing the game and being on tour and on court... She likes to win. If she's not winning she won't stick around for more than a year after. There won't be any equivalent to Venus' 2012-14. I just think if she had a year like last year with less big mandatory titles and subpar slam results she would get bored really quickly.

I really think after this slam Serena is more dangerous than she was a year ago. I think a lot of the reason she had a slump last year is because she had such an amazing 2013. Serena kind of has a drop off in interest after big big achievements. On the contrary when she gets motivated towards a specific goal and the public gets involved in counting she gets super motivated rather than intimidated.

She really needs to protect her body this year. She can't afford to go into the next slams with this drain on her body its way too easy to injure herself. If she injured herself at any of the summer slams or warmups there just isn't enough recovery time between them.

I think she always has a chance at RG I just don't see her winning another.

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Can we start another poll asking whether Serena can get 23?

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
10sfan said:
Can we start another poll asking whether Serena can get 23?
Serena will surpass Steffi Graf:clapI know that for sure...in my gut:lolz:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Are we talking enough about the fact she's about to do another Serena slam? And has the calendar slam in sight? Her two best slams coming up. I have a sneaking suspicion that Azarenka will be ready for her this time at Flushing though

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I know Serena has made Wimbeldon a mission! I hope she gets some good rest. It was great to see her serve hold up for the most part this tournament. Now if she can get those unforced errors under control again. I am hoping she gets a decent draw. I know Petra will be #2 seed which is good. Hopefully Azarenka lands in a quarter that isn't in Serena or Petra's. I would prefer she land in the Maria or Halep side and then face Serena or Petra in a Semi. I hope Serena relaxes now and shows us some of her best tennis now that she has already collected 2 slams this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.